Current projects list
Latest GB Magazine
Superannuation scheme needs changing
On behalf of the City of Greater Bendigo and the Bendigo Easter Festival Advisory Board we extend our sincere gratitude to the Greater Bendigo community for the overwhelming positive feedback offered for the 2013 Bendigo Bank Bendigo Easter Festival. This years festival enjoyed record entries for both the Fire Services Commission/CFA Torchlight Procession and the Bendigo Advertiser Gala Parade. General attendance at all entertainment activities was noticeably higher than previous years, once again Bendigo turned on beautiful weather which no doubt contributed to such significant community participation.
Particular thanks must go to our festival sponsors and the large contingent of volunteers that helped stage such a successful festival.
To download on your iPhone use this link
To download on your Android device use this link
The Fire Services Commissioner and CFA Torchlight Procession
1. Best Theme – Greater Bendigo Girl Guides
2. Best Musical Entry – Z Fit Studios
3. Best Community Group – St Luke’s Anglicare Smart Art
4. Best Partnership – Scotts Mascots and Costume + CMS Dance Worx School
5. Most Interactive – Scotts Mascots and Costume + CMS Dance Worx School
6. Best Lit Entry – National 3 Wheelers Association Inc.
Bendigo Advertiser Gala Parade
1. Best Theme – Elmore & District Machinery Field Days inc.
2. Best Musical Entry – Falun Dafa
3. Best Community Group – Australian Breastfeeding Association*
5. Most Interactive – Circus Wow *
6. Icon of the Easter Parade – Bendigo Chinese Association
7. Special Encouragement Award – Bendigo Tramways*
(*Violee Myers- Davey Easter Parade Grants are kindly sponsored by Bendigo Easter Fair Society)
The Bendigo Easter Festival has been in existence since 1870, and is the oldest community festival in Australia that occurs at Easter each year and allows access for all.
The Festival is a premier annual regional event that continues to involve a vast array of community members and also attracts visitors to the region, and remains an authentic celebration of the City's built and natural cultural heritage elements.
The Bendigo Easter Fair Society was established in 1870 and conducted the first Bendigo Easter Fair in 1871. Since that time, the Society, with the able assistance of our loyal Sponsors, thousands of Volunteers, The City of Greater Bendigo and the members and committees of the Society have, without missing a year, continued to conduct Australia's oldest continuous running community festival. We are proud of it, we love it and we are committed to it's ongoing presence! We invite you to come and party. Be a part of history - JOIN US!
David Wright, President
Please enter the code from the image
Updated: 3:17 PM, 4 April 2013
195-229 Lyttleton Terrace
Bendigo Victoria 3550
PO Box 733
Bendigo Victoria 3552
Telephone: (+61 3) 5434 6000
Fax: (+61 3) 5434 6200
Listen to Council meetings live on Phoenix FM 106.7Mhz