Citizens Jury Final Report
The City of Greater Bendigo Citizens’ Jury has handed down its report after three months of deliberation.
The Jury made 44 recommendations across a range of policy areas such as arts, business, community, health, environment and efficiency.
Some of the Jury’s recommendations include:
- Continue present funding for the Bendigo Art Gallery and theatres
- Better market the arts success story to the community
- Encourage community gardens
- Pursue and implement ‘10 Minute Neighbourhoods’ concept
- Encourage energy efficient and sustainable house designs
- Continue the internal review process of all City departments
- Investigate selling, leasing or hiring council facilities and properties