Governance Rules (PDF)
The Greater Bendigo City Council Governance Rules are made under section 60 of the Local Government Act 2020 (Vic.). The objectives of the Governance Rules are to:
- provide for the peace, order and good government of the Greater Bendigo municipal district;
- provide for the administration of Council’s powers and functions;
- regulate proceedings at meetings;
- regulate the procedure for the election of the Mayor and Deputy Mayor;
- provide mechanisms within meeting arrangements for Council to ascertain community views and expectations;
- provide an Election Period Policy to regulate compliance in the lead up to local government elections.