Section 186A of the Local Government Act requires a Council to prepare, approve and comply with a Procurement Policy encompassing the principles processes and procedures applied to all purchases of goods, services and works.
This policy applies to all contracting and procurement activities at the City of Greater Bendigo and is binding upon Councillors, City officers, and temporary employees, contractors, agents and consultants while engaged by the City.
Its purpose is to help:
- Ensure consistency and control over procurement activities
- Demonstrate accountability to ratepayers
- Provide guidance on ethical behaviour in public sector purchasing
- Demonstrate the application best practice in purchasing
- Obtain the right outcome when purchasing goods, services and works
For more information please contact us on phone 03 5434 6000.