COVID-19: Health and wellbeing
You may be experiencing feelings of anxiety, distress and concern in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19). It's important that you also look after your health and wellbeing during this time too.
5 Ways to Wellbeing outlines 5 simple things that we can do each day to improve our wellbeing and happiness while we remain mostly in our homes to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The below resources may help with processing the impact of COVID-19:
- How to cope with stress related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) (A Headspace resource for young people)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for Australians (Australian Psychological Society)
As well as resources that may assist when talking to children about COVID-19:
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus (Child Mind Institute - also available on YouTube)
How to talk to your children about coronavirus (UNICEF Australia)
If you or anyone you know needs help:
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- beyondblue on 1300 224 636
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- Headspace on 1800 650 890
- QLife on 1800 184 527
The Beyond Blue website also features a range of helpful resources.
A 24-hour statewide Safe Steps family violence crisis response line is also available on 1800 015 188.