City supports Digital Innovation Festival with a Bendigo online hub
The City of Greater Bendigo is supporting this year’s Digital Innovation Festival in Victoria (#DIFvic) with a series of free online events to celebrate our region’s innovation and entrepreneurship.
City Director Strategy and Growth Steve Hamilton said the City was delighted to present Bendigo DIF Hub as part of the festival, which runs from Wednesday August 25 to Wednesday September 8.
“DIFvic celebrates Victoria’s capabilities and success stories and this year will promote digital skills, advanced technology and explore the jobs of the future,” Mr Hamilton said.
“As part of the festival, the Bendigo DIF Hub will showcase our region as a centre for digital innovation offering online events that will appeal to entrepreneurs and start-ups, businesses and local industry and those in education and research."
The Bendigo DIF Hub free events include:
- La Trobe Global Markets Accelerator Program on Friday, August 27, 12pm to 1pm. Run by La Trobe University, six participants discuss their journey through the accelerator program, including their key challenges, achievements, and ongoing outcomes with running and scaling a global start-up
- Funding Your Business Journey Workshop on Thursday August 31 at 9.30am to 11am. This experienced panel of women founders will offer practical advice and experiences around different funding methods available
- The Victorian Regional Growth Summit (RGS) on Wednesday, September 1 from 8.45 am to 4pm - this one-day summit will focus on online business and expanding digital knowledge, fostering collaboration and inspiring local business communities to help them grow. It provides an opportunity for regional and rural business owners to be part of an interactive online workshop and networking sessions
- Girls in STEAM Electric Car Project workshop on Saturday September 4 at the Discovery, Science and Technology Centre (bookings required, subject to State Government health requirements and restrictions). Bendigo Tech School is building an electric car in partnership with industry and young girls from local schools. The team is converting a Range Rover Classic 3 Door into a Tesla powered 4-wheel drive. Hear from the students, links to future transport solutions and STEAM career pathways for girls
- Victorian Regional Growth Showcase on Monday September 6 from 10am to 1pm - this half day event celebrates the key digital and innovation projects happening across Victoria. The showcase will share how the Regional Digital Fund is supporting local communities based on four themes - connectivity, digital hubs, digital health and digital inclusion
2020 Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival on repeat – catch up on some of the best virtual sessions from inspiring local, national and international leaders on a range of future-based topics
To register for the Bendigo DIF Hub events, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/dif2021-attend-the-bendigo-dif-hub-tickets-163953329823