Draft Heathcote Township Plan available for public comment
The community is invited to provide feedback on the draft Heathcote Township Plan which is open for public comment.
The township plan looks at how Heathcote can grow and develop into the future and what services, facilities and infrastructure will be required to respond to the needs of the community as the area continues to grow over the next 10 to 15 years.
Among the draft township recommendations are:
- Improvements to Heathcote’s High Street including safety, amenity landscaping and street furniture
- Establish a main walking and cycling network that connects to key destinations in the town centre
- An ongoing program of street tree planting
- Support for an off leash dog park (with its location to be considered under a separate process)
- Improve visitor signage and support tourism
- Make a number of planning scheme changes
- Support the proposed Dementia Village and help make Heathcote a dementia friendly town
- Prepare an investment prospectus for new and emerging businesses
City of Greater Bendigo Director Strategy and Growth Bernie O’Sullivan said it was important for the community to give their feedback on the recommendations.
“Heathcote is a vibrant and progressive town that has experienced strong growth over a number of years and this is likely to continue over the next 10 to 15 years.” Mr O’Sullivan said.
“This plan identifies the features of Heathcote that the community values and what needs to be protected, but also looks at how to support a growing population over the coming years with the right services, facilities and infrastructure.”
Find out more about the draft plan at one of the three Listening Posts:
- Friday Night Market on March 22 from 5pm until 7pm
- In front of the IGA Supermarket on Thursday March 28 from 10am until 1pm
- Lions Bush Market on Saturday April 6 from 8.30am until noon
Submissions on all aspects of the Draft Heathcote Township Plan need to be in writing and emailed to [email protected] or sent to the City of Greater Bendigo PO Box 733 Bendigo by April 9, 2019.
If you represent a community group or organisation and would like a briefing on this project, please contact 5434 6000 or visit the City’s Heathcote office to make an appointment.
For a copy of the draft Heathcote Township Plan, please visit: www.bendigo.vic.gov.au/heathcotetp