Ignite your senses with heartwarming experiences this winter
The City of Greater Bendigo’s new Ignite winter program brings together a superb line up of events including GLOW – Bendigo After Dark, a nightly sensory experience over three weeks in Rosalind Park produced by local audio-visual specialist Power AV.
City Manager Tourism and Major Events Terry Karamaloudis said Ignite was a perfect way to entertain residents and visitors during the winter months.
“What better way to ignite your senses with heartwarming winter experiences including GLOW in Rosalind Park featuring vibrant installations and light projections that engage and immerse visitors in a sensory experience,” Mr Karamaloudis said.
“GLOW will take place in Rosalind Park each night for three weeks from Saturday June 25 to Sunday July 17 featuring over 11 installations that showcase Bendigo through a radiant display of light, colour and sound. It will be a great way to entertain the family during the school holidays so rug up and enjoy this immersive event.
“Produced by local audio-visual specialist Power AV, GLOW is a paid ticketed event and I encourage you to plan ahead and book online to enjoy this night time activation.
“It’s also an opportunity to support local hospitality businesses before or after the event if you can.”
The Ignite winter program has a variety of experiences and entertainment for residents and visitors.
- Heathcote on Show is on the Queen’s birthday long weekend from Saturday June 11 to Monday June 13 and will showcase artisan winemakers, chefs and brewers. Enjoy exclusive wine tastings, sample new releases, gourmet food, music and community activities at over 30 unique locations across Heathcote township and region
- Barrel Wine Tasting weekend is on Saturday July 2 to Sunday July 3. Bendigo’s winegrowers open their barrel rooms giving people the opportunity to sample maturing wines straight from the barrel and learn more about the magic of winemaking
- Australian Sheep and Wool Show returns on Friday July 15 to Sunday July 17 at the Prince of Wales Showgrounds showcasing top sheep breeds and some of the country's most passionate people involved in the food, fashion and fibre industries including the popular Women of Wool
- Bendigo on the Hop on Saturday August 27 is a favourite winter craft beer festival held at venues across the city centre and at breweries. Enjoy rare beers, locally made craft beers, food and live entertainment
- Bendigo Tourism members have also planned themed gastronomy winter experiences to ignite your senses including a whiskey experience, Slow Smoking Saturdays at Lyttle Eat Street, a Vignerons Long Lunch with a five-course meal, a croissant masterclass, winter bonfires and BBQs at Heathcote wineries, a monthly winter solstice feast with music, winter cocktails by the Loddon River, Cider Day, a rooftop lunch and much more
- The Ignite program finishes with the return of White Night in Bendigo on Saturday September 3 showcasing stunning visual arts, music, light projections and family fun
For more details on the Ignite winter program and to book tickets for GLOW (family ticket is $39 for two adults and two children) please visit: https://www.bendigoregion.com.au/explore-bendigo/ignite-bendigo