Local sites named for Clean Up Australia Day
Greater Bendigo residents can lend a hand to help clean up five local sites this Clean Up Australia Day on Sunday March 3, 2019.
City of Greater Bendigo Mayor Cr Margaret O’Rourke said Clean Up Australia Day was an important community event and a great way for residents to come together and clean up local parks, reserves and bushland areas.
“I encourage people to get involved at one of the public sites that have been organised by local community groups and other organisations with support from the City. It’s a great thing to do for your local area,” Cr O’Rourke said.
Clean Up Australia Day sites on Sunday March 3:
- Ironbark Gully - 10am to 12pm (meet at playground near Kalianna School, 36 Prouses Road North Bendigo)
- Lake Eppalock shoreline - 10am to 12pm (below the kiosk)
- Maiden Gully – 9am to 12pm (meet at the reserve opposite Sanctuary Boulevard and Anteah Road intersection)
- Bendigo Creek Streamside Reserve, Huntly – 8am to 10am (meet at Streamside Reserve, Leans Road)
- Strathdale Park – 9am to 12pm (meet outside Helen Jessen Early Learning Centre)
Volunteers must register with the site coordinator upon arrival at the meeting point and are asked to wear suitable clothing, sturdy footwear, gloves and sun protection. Volunteers should also bring along something to drink and eat.
Children 15 years of age and under must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian.
The time, meeting points and location of all public sites is available from www.cleanupaustralia.org.au