Lockdown to affect City facilities and services
A number of City of Greater Bendigo facilities and services will be affected by today’s announcement by the Premier that Victoria is entering a five-day lockdown from 11.59pm tonight.
As a result, the following City facilities and services will be closed while the lockdown is in place:
- Customer Service Centres in Bendigo and Heathcote
- Swimming Pools (indoor and outdoor) and the Long Gully Splash Park
- Bendigo Art Gallery
- Bendigo and Heathcote Visitor Centres
- The Capital and Ulumbarra Theatres
- Immunisation sessions
Community facilities and services that will continue to remain open during the lockdown include:
- Waste, recycling and organics kerbside collections
- The Eaglehawk Landfill, Heathcote, Strathfieldsaye and Goornong Transfer Stations
- Outdoor playspaces
- Helen Jessen and Annie Galvin Early Learning Centres
- Maternal and Child Health Services (nurses will wear protective glasses and masks, and only one caregiver is asked to attend appointments. Telephone appointments will be available if families prefer)
The City’s customer service staff will still be available online, over the phone and via email to assist residents. Residents can call 5434 6000 during office hours or head to www.bendigo.vic.gov.au.
Residents are encouraged to pay their rates (full payments are due Monday February 15) online instead of in person and to comply with restrictions. Rates can still be paid at Australia Post outlets or Bendigo Bank branches during the lockdown. However, while the restrictions are still in place, the City will waive any late fees associated with this rates payment date.
Residents can check their rates notices for contactless payment options.
You can find more information about how to pay rates at:
Masks must now be worn indoors and outdoors during the lockdown.
Please refer to https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19 for all the latest information on restrictions