Major events set to return in 2021
The City of Greater Bendigo has confirmed at least 30 major events will take place in Greater Bendigo next year, which will help bring visitors back to Greater Bendigo and stimulate the visitor economy.
- Lost Trades Fair
- Bendigo Open House
- Big Time Boxing
- Bendigo Blues and Roots Music Festival
- Bowls Victoria State Championships
- Various junior state basketball championships
- Bendigo International Squash Tournament
- BMX Victoria State Titles
- Calisthenics Victoria State Titles
- 2021 Australian Junior Volleyball Championships
- 2021 Squash Australia Club Championships
The City’s Tourism and Major Events Manager Terry Karamaloudis said he hoped these events would give the local tourism industry hope for next year.
“All the events will have COVID Safe Plans in place to ensure that the events are safe for participants,” Mr Karamaloudis said.
“The City has an outstanding reputation with event owners and associations around the nation, as well as excellent infrastructure, which has resulted in event owners wanting to return to Greater Bendigo.
“We have continued to seek out, negotiate, influence and bid for major events throughout COVID-19 restrictions.
“There are several more events we expect to be able to confirm over the coming months to add to the calendar of events for 2021 and 2022.”