More local pools to open this weekend
Brennan Park, Heathcote, Marong and Golden Square Swimming Pools will open for the 2020/2021 swimming season this weekend to cater for expected hot weather. The Long Gully Splash Park will also open for the season from Saturday.
Faith Leech Aquatic Centre and Bendigo East Swimming Pool are already open and White Hills, Goornong, Raywood and Elmore Swimming Pools will open in early December.
City of Greater Bendigo Facilities Coordinator Amy Johnston said under current COVID19 restrictions each swimming pool facility can only cater for a maximum of 50 people at any one time.
“However, we expect Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews to make an announcement on Sunday that could change this arrangement,” Ms Johnston said.
“Patrons are reminded that they will need to adhere to COVID safe measures on site and be aware that as restrictions change there may be different requirements and opening hours that will be updated on both the City’s website and each individual pool’s social media.
“During the off season the City has been busy undertaking a range of improvements to improve local swimming pool facilities.
“At Marong Swimming Pool the City has upgraded the water treatment system and the changerooms and improved the pool surrounds by installing new fencing, seating and new lawns.
“At Faith Leech Aquatic Centre the City has installed a new water treatment system, undertaken repairs to pipework, installed a new shade shelter over the toddlers pool and installed a new concourse and new turf lawns around the diving pool.
“The City has constructed much needed new public toilet facilities at the Long Gully Splash Park and upgraded the water treatment system and significant repairs have been carried out to the Golden Square Swimming Pool main building following a fire at the facility earlier this year.”
The current opening hours of each facility are as follows:
- Faith Leech Aquatic Centre – 6am to 9am and 2pm to 6.30pm (Mon to Frid) and 8am to 7pm (Sat) and 10am to 7pm (Sun)
- East Bendigo - 6am to 9am and 2pm to 6.30pm (Mon to Frid) and 8am to 7pm (Sat) and 10am to 7pm (Sun)
- Brennan Park – 2pm to 7pm (Mon to Frid) and 12pm to 7pm (Sat and Sun)
- Marong - 2pm to 7pm (Mon to Frid) and 12pm to 7pm (Sat and Sun)
- Heathcote - 2pm to 7pm (Mon to Frid) and 12pm to 7pm (Sat and Sun)
- Golden Square – 3.15pm to 7pm daily
- Long Gully Splash Park – open daily from 10am to 6pm