Proposed Budget 2019/2020 invests in critical infrastructure
The Greater Bendigo City Council’s 2019/2020 proposed Budget will invest nearly $43M across Greater Bendigo on critical infrastructure such as roads, footpaths and drainage works.
The proposed Budget will invest in improving how we move around the municipality, including $12.6M on sealed roads, $3M on unsealed roads, $3.8M on drainage works and $3.1M on footpaths and shared paths.
- Roundabout installation at intersection of Averys and Jobs Gully Roads in Jackass Flat
- Drainage works throughout the municipality including completion of works at west Marong
- Investigation of flood mitigation works throughout Kangaroo Flat, Golden Square and along Racecourse Creek in Epsom
- Sealing a section of Heathcote-North Costerfield Road, west of Heathcote Nagambie Road
- Extension of road seal along O’Briens Lane in Longlea, up to Hawkins Lane
Mayor Cr Margaret O’Rourke said maintaining infrastructure including roads and footpaths was one of Council’s most important roles.
“We know that the state of our roads, footpaths and drainage is really important to our community,” Cr O’Rourke said.
“Investing in infrastructure is an important part of responding to our growing community and includes ensuring our roads, footpaths and drainage are maintained to a high standard.”
Submissions to the proposed 2019/2020 Budget are best submitted by completing an online form at www.bendigo.vic.gov.au/budget by close of business on Friday May 17, 2019. Residents may also elect to have their submission heard at a meeting at Council to be held on Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 5.30pm at the main office, 195 Lyttleton Terrace, Bendigo.