Talking COVID-19 - an economic snapshot for regional Victoria
The uncertain economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on regional Victoria will be the first topic presented as part of the City of Greater Bendigo and Be.Bendigo’s business webinar series during June and July.
David Robertson, Head of Economic and Market Research at Bendigo and Adelaide Bank will host: Talking COVID-19 – An economic snapshot for regional Victoria on Tuesday June 2 at 12pm.
Mr Robertson said the webinar will address the pandemic from a national and regional perspective, cover the impact it has had on industry sectors and discuss how it may affect key economic indicators over the coming year.
“I’ll be providing an overview of where Australia now sits as a result of the pandemic and also outlining the impact it has had - and is continuing to have - on communities across the country. I’ll also examine how regional Victoria can build its resilience and best position itself to take advantage of opportunities which may arise in a post-COVID-19 world,” Mr Robertson said.
The webinar will also explore how regional Victoria can help drive its recovery in the wake of the pandemic and delve into other macroeconomic factors which could potentially impact the economic health of the nation in coming months.
The City’s Director Strategy and Growth Bernie O’Sullivan said the webinar provided valuable information on important economic indicators.
“We are delighted that David is able to share his insight given his expertise in economic and market research at Bendigo and Adelaide Bank,” Mr O’Sullivan said.
“I am sure our business community will gain a lot from his presentation.
“We started the webinar series at the end of April to help businesses navigate through the challenges of the pandemic.
“They have proved to be very popular, attracting very high registration numbers from businesses within our region and neighbouring shires.
“The webinars have tackled some difficult issues that businesses are currently facing and we are very grateful to the many experts who have volunteered their time to present these webinars.
“So far, we have covered the JobKeeper scheme and cashflow management, employment laws and rights, commercial leasing and tenancy agreements, and cyber security for remote work set ups.
“Our forthcoming webinars in June and July can help our region get back to business as we start the recovery phase so businesses are encouraged to register.”
The webinars for June and July are as follows:
- Social media consultant Briana Cowan from Mingle Media will host: Talking COVID-19: Marketing on social media during a crisis on Tuesday June 9, 2020
- Social media consultant Briana Cowan from Mingle Media will host: Talking COVID-19 - Building a social media strategy beyond the pandemic on Tuesday June 16, 2020
- Leadership and change management expert Pam Macdonald from Broadspring Consulting will host Talking COVID 19 Leadership through the pandemic on Tuesday June 23 to highlight the skills needed to be an effective leader during the pandemic and beyond
- Leadership and change management expert Pam Macdonald from Broadspring Consulting will host Talking COVID 19 - Why people keep asking when it will be over- how we respond to change on Tuesday June 30
- Joe Ciancio from Maxsum Consulting will host: Talking COVID-19 - Phishing for love and money - A look at how phishing emails have changed during the pandemic and how to spot these serious new threats with the right cyber security on Tuesday July 7
The webinars will be held every Tuesday at 12pm. The topics and dates may be subject to change. To register for the webinars, please visit www.bendigo.vic.gov.au/webinars