Budget 2018/2019 - Budget provides services for the whole community
Greater Bendigo City Council’s 2018/2019 proposed Budget will invest $183.1M in providing services to the community.
The operating Budget funds a range of services which range from maternal and child health and immunisation, to street cleaning, road maintenance, environmental health and operation of Bendigo Art Gallery and the Capital and Ulumbarra theatres.
Mayor Cr Margaret O’Rourke said Council provided more than 100 services.
“Some of our services are highly visible, like our waste collection service and our work creating and maintaining our parks,” Cr O’Rourke said.
“Others are less known, like the fact we provide immunisation services to our community, that we fund the library service and behind the scenes services like planning, maintaining our buildings and supporting and facilitating community art and cultural programs.”
The operating budget includes:
- Parks $12.4M
- Waste (collection and disposal or reuse of household and commercial waste, recyclables and organics) $23.6M
- Works (including footpaths and road maintenance) $12.6M
- Community Wellbeing (including aged care, maternal and child health, long day care and disability services) $12.7M
- Libraries $3.3M
- Statutory Planning $3.3M
- Tourism and Major Events $5.2M
- Capital Venues and Events $6.6M
- Bendigo Art Gallery $4.9M
(*Please note that this is the cost of providing each service and does not take into account the various income streams generated from or received for each service.)