Chief Executive Officer
Our current CEO: Craig Niemann
Craig joined the City of Greater Bendigo in October 2005. Prior to joining the City, Craig was the CEO of the Shire of Loddon (1997-2005).
He has more than 25 years’ experience working in the local government sector. Craig has also served on the board of North Central Regional Goldfields Library for 10 years and been a board member of the Inglewood and District Health Service for more than 10 years.
Craig has a Bachelor of Business (Local Govt) and a Master of Business Administration.
The role of CEO
The CEO’s responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining an appropriate organisational structure for the Council
- Ensuring that council decisions are implemented promptly
- Overseeing the daily management of council operations following the Council Plan
- Developing a code of conduct for council staff
- Providing timely advice to the council
The Council delegates the powers, duties, and functions of the council to the CEO. The CEO is the only direct employee of the Council. All other employees report through their respective managers to the CEO.
The Communications Unit reports directly to the CEO.