Chief Executive Officer
Our current CEO: Craig Niemann
Bachelor of Business (Local Govt), Master of Business Administration
Craig joined the City of Greater Bendigo in October 2005 and has been CEO since 2007.
He has more than 35 years’ experience working in the Local Government sector, including roles at the Borough of Eaglehawk and the Shire of East Loddon.
Prior to joining the City, Craig was Shire of Loddon CEO from 1997 to 2005.
He also served on the board of the North Central Regional Goldfields Library for 10 years and Inglewood and District Health Service for more than 10 years.
Craig is currently a Board Member of Regional Development Australia – Loddon Mallee Region and Bendigo Heritage Attractions, and is a Member of the Loddon Campaspe Regional Partnership.
The role of CEO
The CEO’s responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining an appropriate organisational structure for the Council
- Ensuring that council decisions are implemented promptly
- Overseeing the daily management of council operations following the Council Plan
- Developing a code of conduct for council staff
- Providing timely advice to the council
The Council delegates the powers, duties, and functions of the council to the CEO. The CEO is the only direct employee of the Council. All other employees report through their respective managers to the CEO.
The Communications Unit reports directly to the CEO.
For more information please contact us on 1300 002 642.