Corporate Performance Directorate
The Corporate Performance Directorate’s mission is to lead and support the organisation to achieve great results on behalf of the community. The Directorate is responsible for:
- Managing financial assets and resources, and managing the annual budget and financial reporting processes
- Ensuring rates are raised and collected using accurate valuations
- Developing and supporting our most valuable asset – our staff
- Ensuring the highest standards of governance and probity in all elements of Council’s operations
- Business analysis, improvement and innovation, and customer support
- Providing reliable digital and information technology to ensure the organisation operates efficiently and meets the needs of our customers
Our business units
The Business Transformation Unit is responsible for developing and leading innovation, continuous improvement and the implementation of processes for strategic business review and change. In an environment of increasing change the Unit’s role is to develop strong partnerships across all areas of the organisation to lead and support the critical review of the City’s services and processes to guide business decisions. The Unit will support the City to ensure it remains financially sustainable over time while delivering contemporary services that meet the needs of a changing community.
The Unit incorporates the City’s customer support function, which both acts as a first point of contact for the community, while also ensuring the business review processes retains a focus on improving the experience of customers at its heart. The Unit also includes the City’s quality systems team, aimed at ensuring all areas of Council operations are safe and efficient, and delivered with minimal risk.
The Financial Strategy Unit forms an integral part of the City of Greater Bendigo's (the City) Corporate Performance Directorate and provides the following key services:
- Responsibility for sound and professional stewardship over Council finances.
- Responsibility for strategic long term financial planning for the ongoing sustainability of Council’s operations.
- Compliance with all relevant legislative and council policies.
- Development of strategies for effective debt control and cash flow management, ensuring long term financial viability of the organisation.
- Responsibility for the functions of external and internal financial reporting, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- General and supplementary valuations of all rateable properties primarily for municipal rating and State Revenue Office purpose.
- Levying Rates and other income.
- Voters roll production.
- Maintenance of the City’s property and geographic information system (GIS) databases.
- Maintenance of the City’s name and address register.
- Leadership and management of Council’s asset management strategy and planning.
Go to rates and your property
The Information Management unit’s purpose is to lead and support the efficient provision of customer-focused service delivery, in partnership with all business units of Council. This is achieved through the provision of solutions and advice to staff and management. The unit supplies and maintains business systems that are accurate, accessible, reliable, and secure while also benefiting from new technologies. It also aims to improve processes and service levels, and make systems more efficient.
People and Culture
The People and Performance Unit focuses on ensuring the organisation works together to be the best it can to be Australia’s most liveable regional city. It works to ensure the organisation has the right people and right culture to deliver the right services and achieve the right outcomes, now and into the future. The unit achieves this purpose through strengthening corporate resilience and aligning the organisation’s people, culture, services and performance to the organisation’s changing strategy.
Go to careers
The Governance Unit leads the suite of governance functions of Council, and provides executive support to Council and the Mayor. The main functions of the Unit are:
- Mayor and Councillor support
- Administration of Council meetings, including agenda management, minute taking, and advice to the Mayor, Councillors and CEO on the Local Government Act and the relevant Local Law
- Council business
- Provision of advice on all Council and operational governance matters, civic administration, and legislative compliance
- Procurement, contracts and tendering, including provision of centralised contract services for the organisation ensuring good governance standards are met.
- Risk management.