The Greater Bendigo City Council Governance Rules are made under section 60 of the Local Government Act 2020 (Vic.). The objectives of the Governance Rules are to:
- provide for the peace, order and good government of the Greater Bendigo municipal district;
- provide for the administration of Council’s powers and functions;
- regulate proceedings at meetings;
- regulate the procedure for the election of the Mayor and Deputy Mayor;
- provide mechanisms within meeting arrangements for Council to ascertain community views and expectations;
- provide an Election Period Policy to regulate compliance in the lead up to local government elections.
The Governance Rules provide for the peace, order and good government of the Greater Bendigo, municipal district including the administration of Council’s powers and functions and the regulation of proceedings at meetings of Council.Download (270.15 KB)