Customer Service Charter
Our Customer Service Charter explains how staff at the City of Greater Bendigo will respond to you. We commit to the delivery of high quality, accessible and responsive customer service in accordance with our values and behaviours.
How will we respond to you?
- Our staff will work together to respond to your requests and enquiries in a timely manner
- If you contact us by mail, we will respond to you within 10 working days. If we cannot give you a complete answer in this time we will advise you of the reason why and keep you informed
- If you contact us by phone we will answer your call in a timely manner. We will return phone, email and social media messages within 3 working days. If we cannot give you a complete answer in this time we will advise you of the reason why and keep you informed
- You will be acknowledged promptly upon your arrival at our Customer Service Centres
- If you need to meet with any of our specialist staff we will arrange a booking for you to ensure that you see the right person at the right time and receive the technical and professional advice / response appropriate to your enquiry
- Requests for services will be logged into our electronic request system. Response times will be in line with the City’s set service standards
- If circumstances occur beyond our control which may affect our ability to meet this commitment., we will keep you updated on the progress of your enquiry or request.
What customers can expect
When interacting with you, we will be guided by the City of Greater Bendigo’s six corporate values
- We contribute: We aim to deliver high quality customer service as part of our commitment to creating the world’s most liveable community
- We respond: We will keep you informed of the status and outcome of your request or enquiry
- We respect: We will listen carefully to you and be friendly, professional and courteous at all times
- We care: We will provide choice for you when you contact Council, and also in the way we provide information and services to you, taking care to protect your personal information by adhering to privacy requirements at all times
- We learn: We will constantly monitor our service provision, and are committed to continual improvement to meet the needs of our community
- We lead: We report on the quality of our customer service delivery to help us to achieve the highest possible standards
Help us to help you by :
- Being courteous and respectful to our staff
- Respecting the rights of other customers
- Providing us with complete, accurate and updated information
- Working with us to solve problems and find best outcomes
- Providing feedback so we can continue to provide high quality services
- We always welcome comments or suggestions to help us improve our service
- Feedback can be provided via our website, email, post, in person, or over the phone
- We will monitor our performance constantly, and listen to your feedback to help us better tailor our services to meet your needs
If you have a complaint or concerns about our services or performance
- If you feel that the service we have provided to you has not met the terms of this Charter, you may lodge a complaint. Complaints can be submitted via our website, email, post, in person, or over the phone.
- We will treat complaints and concerns as a matter of priority
- We aim to process and respond to your complaint within 5 working days. If not, you will be advised why there is a delay and when to expect a response. We aim to resolve complaints within 30 working days.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, we will provide you with an internal review process
- We will review complaints to identify improvement opportunities
- You can find more information on our Complaints Handling Procedures