Reminders and how you receive your rates notice
Register to receive your rates notice electronically
You can choose to discontinue paper notices and receive your rates notice electronically using:
- BPAY View - apply through your online banking to receive your rates notice via your online banking account. Further information on BPAY view.
- erates - register to receive your rates notice via email
Please note a paper copy of your annual, instalment or reminder notices will no longer be sent in the mail once you have registered for either of the above delivery methods.
You can also view your previous years' rates notices:
- Create an account to view rates notices from previous years
- Log in to existing erates account - https://erates.bendigo.vic.gov.au/
Change of address
It is your responsibility as a property owner and ratepayer to notify us of any changes of postal address.
Non-receipt of rate notices is not an acceptable excuse for late payment of rates.
Change of name
Have you recently been married or changed your name? Notify us by completing our online change of name form and submitting the required documentation.
Register for an SMS rates reminder
To arrange a rates SMS reminder we need these details:
- Your payment method – FULL or FOUR (paying by instalments)
- Your BPAY reference number.
To request a reminder, SMS the above details to 0459 273 853. There is no fee for this service.
The reminder service is not available for the Early Discount Payment option.
You'll receive an SMS reminder before your rates are due. You can opt out of the service by replying STOP to any text message.