Every day of the year the City of Greater Bendigo works to provide facilities and services, protect public health and safety, plan for the future and help residents to thrive.
A snapshot of things the City is responsible for looking after includes:
- 1,514km of sealed roads and 1,401km of unsealed (gravel) roads
- 302 bridges
- 47,625 drainage pits and 1,055km of underground drains
- 897km of footpaths (including bike paths and paths within reserves)
- Over 310 passive recreation reserves, including 130 playgrounds, as well as 170 natural reserves
- Over 70 sporting reserves and venues
- Twelve swimming pools, including two indoor heated pools
- Over 46 heritage buildings
- Over 100,000 nature strip trees
For more information about Greater Bendigo please contact us on 03 5434 6000.