Animals and petsArts and eventsBendigo AirportBendigo Livestock ExchangeBuilding and PlanningBusinessChildren and familiesClimate Change and EnvironmentCommunity and careCouncil land and facilitiesCurrent projectsEmergency managementEnvironmental healthFire preventionFood businessesGeneral Waste, Recycling and OrganicsHeritageLocal lawsParkingRoads and drainageSport and recreationStrategic planning projectsTrees and reserves
Every day of the year the City of Greater Bendigo works to provide facilities and services, protect public health and safety, plan for the future and help residents to thrive.
A snapshot of things the City is responsible for looking after includes:
- 1,514km of sealed roads and 1,401km of unsealed (gravel) roads
- 302 bridges
- 47,625 drainage pits and 1,055km of underground drains
- 897km of footpaths (including bike paths and paths within reserves)
- Over 310 passive recreation reserves, including 130 playgrounds, as well as 170 natural reserves
- Over 70 sporting reserves and venues
- Twelve swimming pools, including two indoor heated pools
- Over 46 heritage buildings
- Over 100,000 nature strip trees
For more information about Greater Bendigo please contact us on 1300 002 642.