Pet registration fees
These fees are valid from January 2, 2021.
All dogs and cats from three months of age must be registered (and microchipped if being registered for the first time). Go to pet registration.
If your pet is unregistered you may get a fine. Go to dog and cat fines.
Cat registration fees
- Desexed: $37.75 ($18.85 concession)
- 10+ years old: $37.75 ($18.85 concession)
- Kept for breeding by domestic animal business on registered premises: $37.75 ($18.85 concession)
- Registered with the applicable organisation: $37.75 ($18.85 concession)
- All other cats: $113.25 ($56.55 concession)
Dog registration fees
- Desexed: $45.90 ($22.95 concession)
- 10+ years old: $45.90 ($22.95 concession)
- Dogs kept for breeding by the proprietor of a domestic animal business conducted on registered premises: $45.90 ($22.95 concession)
- Dogs registered with an applicable organisation, if their owners are members of the applicable organisation with which the dogs are registered: $45.90 ($22.95 concession)
- Dogs that have completed obedience training which complies with regulations: $45.90 ($22.95 concession). Applicable Organisations are:
- DOGS Victoria (also known as Victorian Canine Association Inc.)
- Australian Association of Professional Dog Trainers Inc
- The Gentle Dog Trainers Association
- Four Paws K9 Training
- Dogs kept by a primary producer on a rural property (with a current PIC) for working stock: $45.90 ($22.95 concession). This discount applies to:
- Primary producers involved in Animal Production or anyone contracted by one of those Primary Producers.
- Where the Dog is primarily kept or trained for the purpose of droving, protecting, tending or working stock on a farm.
- Evidence of the Property Identification Code must be provided.
- The City will accept evidence of a Property Identification Code as proof of Primary Producer status.
- Declared dangerous, Restricted Breed or Menacing Dog $137.70
- All other dogs: $137.70 ($68.85 concession)