Hire Hargreaves Mall
Located in the heart of Bendigo’s central business district, close to parking and public transport, the Hargreaves Mall is a busy vibrant outdoor shopping mall.
The Hargreaves Mall is a versatile space suitable for a range of activities:
- community and major events and festivals - including the International Day for People with a Disability and Bendigo's Festival of Culture
- displays, exhibitions, expos, travelling shows
- business/commercial promotions, special offers, giveaways, new product displays and launches, product or service demonstrations
- markets – including Bendigo's Moonlight Market
- Concerts and entertainment – including the annual Bendigo Blues and Roots Festival
- workshops, outdoor films, classes
- special interest activities such as collectable fairs - Veteran, Vintage, Classic Cars and Jadis Hot Rods offer displays throughout the year
- sporting event functions
Hiring Hargreaves Mall
At over 170 metres in length, the Hargreaves Mall provides numerous event spaces including a central entertainment space of approximately 400sq metres.
You can use a stage and marquees for with assistance provided to help you organise permits and develop an event or risk plan. Schools and non-profit community groups can also make use of the space at no charge.
To book the mall:
- Contact our CBD Public Spaces Activation Officer to check availability
- Complete and return the Booking Form
We will be in touch to help you plan and deliver your event or activity.
- total area 4950 metres square (30mx170m)
- 10 fixed market umbrellas
- fixed seating throughout
- permanent rubbish bins
- on-site power: 2x3 phase power and 10 single phase outlets (see map for specific locations)
- unique water feature and trees scattered throughout
- light poles and an ambient overhead web of catenary lighting
- two unisex toilets
- four water points (see map for specific locations)
- two sewer points
- bike racks
- central parking.
Check the Hargreaves Mall site map
Risk assessment template
You are required to complete a risk assessment to use the space for your event. If you need assistance with the Risk Assessment Template please contact our CBD Public Spaces Activation Officer on 03 5434 6000.
Complete the Hargreaves Mall Risk Assessment Template
Providing food in the Hargreaves Mall
If you are planning on providing food in the Hargreaves Mall for your event please note that a permit is required.