Major events in Bendigo
The Major Events Team is responsible for the coordination of activities relating to the attraction and support of major events to Bendigo.
With international and national events hosted throughout the year in our diverse parks, heritage and contemporary buildings and open spaces, Bendigo has earned its reputation as a world class events capital of regional Victoria.
Our beautiful tree lined streets and impressive buildings create a picturesque backdrop to any event while our convenient location in the heart of Victoria is central for many surrounding towns, all within an easy 90 minute drive from Melbourne’s CBD.
Choose Bendigo as your event destination and let our experienced staff assist with making your event a success.
Financial support for events
Depending upon the type of event you are organising, there are numerous avenues for you to explore for support funding of your event:
- Public (federal, state or local government)
- Private entities
State funding application and eligibility - Visit Victoria
The City of Greater Bendigo offers community events funding via our Community Grants program. Please refer to the guidelines and eligibility criteria associated with the program that best suits your event.
Support for major events
Are you planning an event with at least 500 participants or looking for initiatives (e.g. accommodation, marketing, tours) to support your event? Are you attracting visitors from outside of the region? Need help with where to hold your event? For venues and accommodation for major events see our Events Planner Guide
You may also be eligible for a major events support or sponsorship package (please refer to financial support above)
Support and sponsorship assessment criteria
In considering your application we will ask you to provide:
- An event management plan including a risk assessment and the Federal/state protecting people in crowed spaces requirements. Protecting people at events is the responsibility of event organisers.
- Your full budget for your event
- A current Product & Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency with a minimum coverage of $10 million
The City of Greater Bendigo can only fund legal entities, such as incorporated associations and companies.
We cannot fund:
- Capital or infrastructure works
- Donations or fundraisers
- Political events or events of a discriminative nature
- The use of heavy vehicle safety barriers at events (this is the event organisers responsibility)
Once you have your plan and considered the above, please complete our major events sponsorship request form.
For specific major event enquiries contact: [email protected]