Tourism and Major Events
Major Events in Bendigo
The Tourism and Major Events team is responsible for the coordination of activities relating to the attraction and support of major events to Bendigo.
With international and national events hosted throughout the year in our diverse parks, heritage and contemporary buildings and open spaces, Bendigo has earned its reputation as a world class events capital of regional Victoria.
Our beautiful tree-lined streets and impressive buildings create a picturesque backdrop to any event, while our convenient location in the heart of Victoria is accessible for many surrounding towns, all within an easy 90 minute drive from Melbourne’s CBD.
Choose Bendigo as your event destination and let our experienced staff assist with making your event a success.
Financial support for Major Events
Depending upon the type of major event you are organising, there are numerous avenues for you to explore to access support funding of your event:
- Public (Federal, State or Local government)
- Private entities
The City of Greater Bendigo offers community events funding via our Community Grants program. Please refer to the guidelines and eligibility criteria associated with the program that best suits your event.
Support for Major Events
Are you planning an event with at least 500 participants or looking for initiatives (e.g. accommodation, marketing, tours) to support your event? Are you attracting visitors from outside of the region? Need help with where to hold your event? For venues and accommodation for major events see our Events Planner Guide
You may also be eligible for a major events support or sponsorship package (please refer to financial support above) noting that other funding sources from the City of Greater Bendigo negate sponsorship requests. You may wish to have a co-contribution tourism marketing package. Contact the Tourism and Major Events team for more information 03 5434 6000
Support and sponsorship assessment criteria
In considering your application we will ask you to provide:
- An event management plan, including a risk assessment and the 'Federal/State protecting people in crowed spaces' requirements. Protecting people at events is the responsibility of event organisers
- Your full budget for your event
- A current Product and Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency with a minimum coverage of $10 million
The City of Greater Bendigo can only fund legal entities, such as incorporated associations and companies.
We cannot fund:
- Capital or infrastructure works
- Donations or fundraisers
- Political events or events of a discriminative nature
- The use of heavy vehicle safety barriers at events (this is the event organisers responsibility)
- Any request whereby funding/grants are requested/received from other City of Greater Bendigo sources.
Once you have your plan and considered the above, please complete our Tourism and Major Events Sponsorship Request
For specific Major Event enquiries contact: [email protected]
For information about Tourism and Major Events please contact us on 03 5434 6000
- Organising events
- Types of events
- Event venues for hire
- Major event sponsorship request form
- Major Events completion report
- Smoking Bans at Events (effective August 1, 2017)
- Victorian Police safety at events requirements
- Bendigo Event Incentive Activities
- Bendigo Car Club Events
- Single Use Plastics at Events