Building and Planning
Planning permits and building permits are different and are controlled by different laws and regulations. Depending on the type of use or development, you may need one or both of these permits.
- A planning permit may be required to use land, develop land, or both
- The need for a planning permit is determined by the City of Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme and the zoning and overlays which apply to your property
- If a planning permit is required, it must be approved before a building permit can be issued
- A building permit is required for most building and demolition works including associated works such as a structure, fencing or retaining wall
- The building permit process ensures buildings are structurally safe and that the works comply with state building regulations
- Project works are independently inspected by private building surveyors at key stages however, consent may also need to be obtained from the City's Building unit