3. Lodge a planning permit application
Submitting your application
When submitting your planning application, you must include the following documents, otherwise your application may be automatically returned to you before lodging:
Completed, signed application form
Application fee (We will send you an invoice once it's lodged in our system)
Certificate of Title (less than 3 months old) including cover sheet, plan of subdivision and any restrictive covenants, MCP or Section 173 Agreements affecting the land.
A written summary of your project
A set of plans (with measurements) existing site plan, proposed site plan and side elevations
Any information required by the Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme (For example - Bushfire Management Statement, Land Capability Assessment, Environmental Management Plan, Car Parking Demand assessment).
Submit your application by email to [email protected] or by post to: City of Greater Bendigo Planning Department, PO Box 733, Bendigo 3552
What happens next:
- Your application will be lodged on our system and assigned to a planning officer.
- You can track it using our online register
- The planning officer will undertake a preliminary assessment and contact you within 28 days if more information is required.
Please note: Any material submitted with your application, including plans and personal information, will be made available for public viewing. Copies may also be made for interested parties for consideration and review.
Planning permit process
See the steps below for more information about what's involved in the planning permit process:
- Research your property
- Pre-application advice
- Submit your planning permit application
- Request for further information
- Giving public notice of a planning permit application
- Objecting to a planning permit application
- Decision on a planning permit application
- Appealing to VCAT
- Applying to amend or extend a planning permit