Planning Scheme Amendments

Eaglehawk structure plan town centre plan map

Planning scheme amendments - what are they?

The Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme controls how land can be used and developed within our municipality. It is a living document that grows and changes with the changing needs of the community.   

Council may amend the planning scheme to achieve a desirable planning outcome or to support a new policy direction. Changes to the scheme are known as amendments and the process for an amendment is set out in the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (the Act). An amendment may involve a change to a planning scheme map (such as a rezoning), a change to the written part of the scheme, or both.

For more information about amendments and the steps involved visit: Department of Transport & Planning.

Privately requested amendments include a fee to the applicant and, if supported by Council, usually take one or two years to be finalised.

Please refer to our  Privately Sponsored Planning Scheme Amendment Policy  for details on fees, charges and timelines.

Making a submission to an amendment

Submissions to an amendment must be received by the last day of exhibition. Your submission must be in writing and can be:  

Privacy collection notice

Your submission and personal information is collected for the purposes of the planning scheme amendment process as set out in the Planning and Environment Act 1987. If you do not provide your name and address, the City will not be able to consider your submission. The City must make a copy of every submission available for any person to inspect during office hours. 


Planning Scheme Amendments on Exhibition

No Planning Scheme Amendments currently on Exhibition

Current Planning Scheme Amendments

Previous Planning Scheme Amendments

A list of all past planning scheme amendments to the Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme is available from the Department of Transport and Planning.

Contact us

For all enquiries regarding planning scheme amendments contact the Strategic Planning unit on 1300 002 642 or [email protected]

We welcome your feedback.

Did you know you can log requests online?

This includes several bin requests such as missed bins, footpath maintenance, tree inspections and general requests. Visit our make a request page.

Do you want us to contact you?*
Preferred contact method*