New planning fees are in effect from October 13, 2016

Take a look at our fees page for more details.

Planning Services administer the Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme, which aims to protect and enhance our unique area.

Our planning team considers applications for planning permits that relate to the use, development and subdivision of land, as well as ensuring compliance with planning permits and controls.

We also work closely with our Strategy Unit on policies and planning scheme amendments to achieve the Council vision. 

How can we help you?

Planning services can help you learn more about the planning process, how to apply for a planning permit and find the status of current planning applications.

Talk to a planner

A duty planner is available 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday at the Hopetoun Mill Office 15 Hopetoun Street, Bendigo to answer questions and provide general planning advice.

A planner attends the Heathcote service centre at 125 High Street, Heathcote every Thursday and is available from 10am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm – 4pm. The Heathcote service centre can be contacted on 03 5433 3211.

You can also phone planning services 03 5434 6355 or email us at [email protected]

Viewing maps, aerial photos and other information on your property

Use the City's Community Compass mapping system to find information on your property such as Planning zones and overlays, links to property reports, aerial photos and many other details, including nearby Council facilities and services.

The Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme

The Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme controls land use and development within our municipality. It contains State and local planning policies, zones and overlays and other provisions that affect how land can be used and developed. 

The planning scheme will indicate if a planning permit is required to change the use of land, or to construct a building or make other changes to the land. 

View the Greater Bendigo Planning Schemeonline  

Go to our document library to review the Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme incorporated documents 

Do you want us to contact you?*
Preferred contact method*