8. Appealing a planning application decision
Applicants may appeal the refusal of a permit application or the conditions that are to be placed on the permit. Applicants must lodge an Application for Review within 60 days of the date of the decision.
Objectors can appeal against a Notice of Decisions to Grant a Permit and have a right to be heard at any appeal hearing. Objectors must lodge an Application for Review against the Notice of Decision within 28 days after the date of the decision.
In all cases the appeal must be lodged officially with VCAT, along with the relevant fees.
For further information about the appeal process go to the Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal website: Planning and Environment.
Planning permit process
See the steps below for more information about what's involved in the planning permit process:
- Research your property
- Pre-application advice
- Submit your planning permit application
- Request for further information
- Giving public notice of a planning permit application
- Objecting to a planning permit application
- Decision on a planning permit application
- Appealing to VCAT
- Applying to amend or extend a planning permit