Business Grants Frequently Asked Questions
The City of Greater Bendigo launched the Business Grants Program to assist individual businesses and the local economy to recover from disruptions generated by COVID-19.
- August 24, 2021 – Applications open
- September 23, 2021 – Applications close
- October 15, 2021 – Applicants notified of outcome
- October 29, 2021 – Funding agreement and first invoice due
- March 31, 2022 – Acquittal and final invoice due
All grant applicants will be sent an email notifying them of the outcome of their submission on Friday, October 15.
The emails will be sent before midday, however, there may be unforeseen delays with individual email providers etc.
If an applicant has not received an email by Monday, October 18, please email [email protected] and we can provide you with an answer.
The 2021 Business Grants Fund was a competitive grants round.
Applications were assessed against the criteria and submitted to an independent panel for review.
Scoring of applications was performed individually and reviewed as a group, with special consideration given to COVID-impact and recovery.
This was a highly competitive grants round and unfortunately not all eligible businesses could be funded.
Due to the number of applications received we are unable to provide individual feedback on applications.
Some businesses have applied for more than one stream. Each application will receive an email response.
At this stage there have been no announcements about future funding rounds under this program.
Please see below, additional resources and links that may be of assistance to your business: -
- Victorian State Government – Grants and Programs
- Additional grant opportunities - Bendigo Funding Finder
- Free Small Business Workshops and Business Support Webinars
- Startup Central Victoria encourages aspiring and emerging entrepreneurs and business owners to participate in an exciting series of FREE events and programs
- Be.Bendigo is a membership based Chamber of Commerce.
- Localised is a business networking platform, is a great free resource for the Central Victorian region.
Though not all businesses could be funded through this grant program, the applications contain useful data and insights for the City, including the sorts of projects businesses and industries are looking to fund, and how COVID has impacted different industries.
A list of the funded businesses will be made available on the City of Greater Bendigo website.