The City of Greater Bendigo uses an online purchasing tool called VendorPanel to manage all request for quotations from our suppliers. VendorPanel uses lists of suppliers that employees can access:
- City of Greater Bendigo suppliers who have a contract or agreement in place with the City. The City employees are required to check this list first, and if their requirements are not met then they may use the marketplace;
- VendorPanel Marketplace, a list of suppliers where there is no contract or agreement available. Your business will be visible to hundreds of organisations that use Marketplace across Australia.
The City uses VendorPanel exclusively to seek quotations from Suppliers for all purchases up to $150,000 for good and services and $200,000 for works. To ensure your business has maximum exposure to quoting opportunities with the City and other organisations, suppliers are encouraged to register their business with VendorPanel Marketplace even if they already have a contract or agreement with the City.
Registration is quick and easy and its free!
How do suppliers register for Marketplace?
To register your business with VendorPanel Marketplace please follow the instructions below. It’s very straight-forward and takes about ten minutes.
All you need to do is:
- Access the registration page
- Choose a business category, enter your name and business email address
- An invitation will be sent via email to join VendorPanel and suppliers can set up a profile in less than 10 minutes
Suppliers who register will be included on an online directory of suppliers called VendorPanel Marketplace. When City employees seek quotations outside of existing contracts that fit within your business category, your business will be presented to City employees as a supplier option.
Benefits for suppliers
VendorPanel gives suppliers an easy and consistent way to hear about opportunities from the City.
- Easy to setup – just add your business details;
- Provides a consistent request for quotation (RFQ) format and process;
- Gives City employees an easy way to send out quotes, increasing the chances of you hearing about opportunities.
- Allows you to manage multiple supplier lists from one account;
- If we request a quote you will be notified via email and can easily review the quotation request and submit your quote securely through your VendorPanel Supplier account; and
- Easily download reports on all the requests you received, with a record of what you responded to.
- Your business will be visible to hundreds of other organisations that use VendorPanel Marketplace to seek quotations.
Rest assured your submitted quote will only be visible to relevant City employees making this a no- risk and simple way of accessing more business opportunities.