Regional Certifying Body
Loddon Mallee Regional Certifying Body (RCB)
Employers applying to the Department of Home Affairs to sponsor an overseas professional under the new Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional nomination visa (subclass 494) are required to apply for a assessment by a Regional Certifying Body.
Regional Certifying Bodies (RCBs) only provide advice to the Department of Home Affairs (The Department), they do not approve nor refuse Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (SESR) employer nominations.
Obtaining positive RCB advice does not automatically guarantee that the SESR employer nomination will also be approved by the Department of Home Affairs.
If the SESR employer nomination is not approved by The Department, do not contact the RCB. The Department will provide the nominating employer or their agent with advice in relation to any appeal rights you may have and the due process. The Department of Home Affairs can be contacted on 13 18 81 or visit the Department website.
The City of Greater Bendigo is required to provide advice to the Department of Home Affairs on the following that the identified person would be paid at least the annual market salary rate for the occupation.
The Loddon Mallee RCB will only process nominations within these municipalities:
- City of Greater Bendigo
- Macedon Ranges Shire
- Gannawarra Shire
- Mount Alexander Shire
- Loddon Shire
- Central Goldfields Shire
- Campaspe Shire
To request an assessment by the Loddon Mallee RCB:
- Download and complete the Loddon Mallee RCB Checklist
- Download and complete sections 1-10 of the Form 1404 Regional Certifying Body Advice
- Submit all documents and relevant documents
- Pay the application fee upon receipt of an invoice
You must provide the relevant documents to support all claims made in your application, and fully complete the checklist before submitting.
Upon receipt of your documents the City of Greater Bendigo will issue you with an invoice in the sum of $550 inclusive of GST.
Upon receipt of your payment the Loddon Mallee RCB will commence processing your application which will be completed within 28 days.
There will be no refunds for poorly prepared documentation submitted for assessment by the Loddon Mallee RCB.
Applications that do not supply an appropriately sized envelope for the return of documents will be securely destroyed on completion of assessment.
What will the Loddon Mallee RCB do with my documentation?
The Loddon Mallee RCB will assess the documentation provided against the required criteria and complete the last section of the Regional Certifying Body Advice Form 1404 (questions 11-15).
NB: From this point the Loddon Mallee RCB is no longer involved in the process.
Please note that a positive 'satisfies' RCB assessment does not ensure the Department of Home Affairs will approve the SESR Nomination.
Similarly, a 'does not satisfy' from an RCB does not necessarily mean the Department of Home Affairs will not approve the Nomination. The Minister has the power to determine the outcome of all SESR Nominations regardless of the RCB advice. The RCB advice is only one element within the Minister’s assessment process in considering an employer's Nomination for an SESR. Where a lodged application receives negative RCB advice, the Department will provide an opportunity for the nominator to respond to that advice.
Method of payment
The Loddon Mallee RCB request for assessment fee is $550 inclusive of GST. Upon receipt of your documentation the RCB will send you an invoice for the payment. Upon receipt of payment the Loddon Mallee RCB will commence processing your application which will be completed within 28 days.
- If the RCB is not satisfied and advises the Department of Home Affairs and the employer to this effect, the RCB is under no obligation and will not enter in to any correspondence or have any contact with the nominating organisation or their representative regarding the assessment
- If you resubmit an RCB request for assessment, there will be another assessment charge of $550 inclusive of GST
- The RCB will not commence processing your assessment until the payment has been received
- The assessment process takes 28 days from receipt of payment
- No staples in documents, no double-sided printing
- Supply a prepaid self-addressed postage paid/A4 Express Post envelope (if you require your documents back)