Starting or growing a business
Do you have a great business idea, but you don't know where to start?
Are you expanding your current business or changing the services you offer?
Are you relocating your business to Bendigo, but you're not sure who to speak to?
Starting or changing a business can be very exciting! There are many supports available to help you on your journey and bring your business idea to life.
Make contact with staff from the City's Business Help Desk as early as possible, to allow you to arm yourself with information and support.
The Business Help Desk service can assist you with understanding:
- Which City department can best assist you
- Timeframes around permits and applications
- How you can best prepare for the application or registration process
Surrounding your business with support could ultimately save you time and money!
Why should you involve the City?
There are regulations and requirements in place to protect the community which all business operators must meet. It is best to contact City staff before you start or make changes to your business to ensure you can operate legally and safely.
There are many staff available to provide practical advice and support to understand how to meet any legal obligations.
Check out these great external resources!
- Business Victoria - Starting a business
- Find out what licences or permits you may need - www.ablis.business.gov.au
- Small Business Victoria Workshops and Events
- Evaluate your idea and learn about the first stages of starting your own business - Selfstart