The City of Greater Bendigo's Community Grants Program provides an opportunity for not-for-profit groups or a registered business to develop projects that complement areas identified as priorities in the Community Plan 2017-2021.
- Medium grants - up to $10,000
- Waste Reduction Grants - up to $15,000
- Community Group Essentials grants - up to $3,000
- Small grants - up to $3,000
- Town Hall Community Use Subsidy Program
- Large grants – up to $50,000 - with a maximum of $25,000 in any financial year
- Next round opens July 2020
- Inquiries [email protected]
Preparing your application
We recommend that you discuss your proposed project with us to make sure your group is eligible and to understand the guidelines and application process.
Resources to assist with grant applications:
- Community Grants – Guidelines - 2018-2021
- Great Ideas Grant - Guide
- Event Management Plan
- Community Grants Budget Template
- Greater Bendigo Community Plan
- Greater Bendigo Health and Wellbeing Plan
Evaluating your project
If you are a recipient of a grant you are required to submit a project evaluation within 60 days of the completion of your project. Go to the Community Grants Project Evaluation Form.
Contact a Community Grants Officer on 03 5434 6000 or email [email protected]
Community Granting Policy
View our Community Granting Policy.
Bendigo Funding Finder
The City has collaborated with GrantGuru to establish a customised search tool for locating potential funding opportunities - Bendigo Funding Finder - which is freely available to Greater Bendigo community organisations. The site has two search tabs - community and business, key word filtering, as well as helpful hints and information.
GEE (Grants, Events, Etc)
GEE (Grants, Events, Etc) is an electronic newsletter for community groups and organisations that details the latest grant opportunities, as well as upcoming events and some community resources. Subscribe now by emailing [email protected]