The City of Greater Bendigo's usual Community Grants Program has now re-opened, after the City suspended the program and temporarily re-directed funding to supporting the community groups and organisations that have provided vital services in the community during the pandemic.
While the Community Grants Program has returned to normal, the City is encouraging applicants to consider community needs related the pandemic recovery when applying for grants, as the City recognises the need to continue supporting community sector organisations and groups impacted by COVID-19.
The City of Greater Bendigo's Community Grants Program provides an opportunity for not-for-profit groups or registered businesses to develop projects that complement areas identified as priorities in the Community Plan 2017-2021.
- Medium grants - up to $10,000
- Community Group Essentials grants - up to $3,000
- Round open,
- Apply for a Community Essentials Grant - click here
- Can apply at any time
- Inquiries [email protected]
- Small grants - up to $3,000
- Town Hall Community Use Subsidy Program
- Large grants – up to $25,000
- Expression of Interest opens July 20, 2020
- Contact [email protected] for an E.O.I form
- Please note that the City is offering one year of funding for the large grants program instead of the usual two years, while it reviews it's current community granting policy
Preparing your application
The City of Greater Bendigo has prepared this short online tutorial to assist community groups and organisations who are considering applying for a City community grant. The tutorial contains information on: how to address grant criteria and clearly articulate your project (the what, why, how, and who), information on eligibility, and general grant writing tips and information. The City’s online grant writing tutorial can be found by clicking here.
Other resources to assist with grant applications:
- Community Grants – Guidelines - 2018-2021
- Great Ideas Grant - Guide
- Event Management Plan
- Community Grants Budget Template
- Greater Bendigo Community Plan
- Greater Bendigo Health and Wellbeing Plan
Evaluating your project
If you are a recipient of a grant you are required to submit a project evaluation within 60 days of the completion of your project. Go to the Community Grants Project Evaluation Form.
Contact a Community Grants Officer on 03 5434 6000 or email [email protected]
Community Granting Policy
View our Community Granting Policy.
Bendigo Funding Finder
The City has collaborated with GrantGuru to establish a customised search tool for locating potential funding opportunities - Bendigo Funding Finder - which is freely available to Greater Bendigo community organisations. The site has two search tabs - community and business, key word filtering, as well as helpful hints and information.
GEE (Grants, Events, Etc)
GEE (Grants, Events, Etc) is an electronic newsletter for community groups and organisations that details the latest grant opportunities, as well as upcoming events and some community resources. Subscribe now by emailing [email protected]