NEW - GREAT IDEAS GRANT
The City of Greater Bendigo and Fosterville Gold Mine have established the Great ideas Grant to “kick start” great ideas. A total of $60,000 of funding is available to support social innovation projects within the Greater Bendigo Community.
After all, it only takes one great idea to make a difference!
The application and assessment process
Email completed Expression of Interest form to [email protected] between March 12 and April 2, 2019.
Step 2 (upon invitation)
Submit your more detailed online application including a project partnership ‘test’ and evaluation proposal between April 8 and April 30, 2019. These forms will be supplied upon invitation.
Step 3 (upon invitation)
Develop your ‘project pitch’ for the Assessment Panel, between May 8 and May 20, 2019.
Present your ‘project pitch’ to the Assessment Panel on the morning of May 21, 2019.
Attend the funding announcement ceremony, on the evening of May 21, 2019.
The City of Greater Bendigo's Community Grants Program provides an opportunity for not for profit groups, or a registered business develop projects that complement areas identified as priorities in the Community Plan 2017-2021.
- Medium grants - up to $10,000
- Medium Grant outcomes will be known by April 30, 2019
- Next round opens March 1 and closes April 1, 2019 (5pm)
- Apply for a Medium grant
- NEW: Waste Reduction Grants up to $15,000
- Next round opens March 1 and closes 1 April 2019 (5pm)
- AIM: To reduce the amount of waste generated in Greater Bendigo. The $15,000 in available funding may be distributed to one or multiple projects
- Apply for a Waste Reduction grant
- Community Group Essentials grants - up to $3,000 (can apply at any time, until funding budget is expended)
- Large grants – up to $50,000 - with a maximum of $25,000 in any financial year
- Next round opens July 2020
- For further information please email [email protected]
- Social Innovation/Transformation grants (to be advised)
- Bendigo Town Hall Community Use Subsidy program (can apply at any time)
- To enquire, email [email protected]
- Small grants - up to $3,000 (The Small Grant funding is now closed. Due to an overwhelming response the budget for this category has now been fully expended. Applications will re-open July 1, 2019)
Preparing your application
We recommend that you discuss your proposed project with us to make sure your group is eligible and to understand the guidelines and application process.
Resources to assist with grant applications:
- Community Grants – Guidelines - 2018-2021
- Event Management Plan
- Community Grants Budget Template
- Greater Bendigo Community Plan
- Greater Bendigo Health and Wellbeing Plan
Evaluating your project
If you are a recipient of a grant you are required to submit a project evaluation within 60 days of the completion of your project. Go to the Community Grants Project Evaluation Form.
Contact a community grants officer on 03 5434 6000 or email [email protected]
Community Granting Policy
View our Community Granting Policy.