Exercise at Night Under Lights
Want a way to get active in your own time?
Many outdoor spaces across the City are open for the community to use for free.
AND the lights will be on from 5.30pm-8.00pm every night over winter at some of our outdoor spaces!
Following the success of last year’s Ewing Park trial, you can be active at night under light at:
- Ewing Park oval
- North Bendigo’s Shadforth Park soccer pitches
- Heathcote’s Barrack Reserve netball court
The lights will be on until the start of daylight savings thanks to the City of Greater Bendigo and Healthy Heart of Victoria.
Please note, at times there will be formal sports training taking place and residents are asked to please be considerate of other users.
Free general exercise sessions
From Monday May 23, 2022 Healthy Heart of Victoria is offering residents a range of free, general exercise sessions to cater to all fitness levels over a four-week period at all venues.
The one-hour sessions will take place at:
- Barrack Reserve 6.30pm Monday May 23, 30, June 6, 20
- Shadforth Park 6.30pm Monday May 23, 30, June 6, 20
- Ewing Park 9.15am Friday May 27, June 3, 10, 17
- Ewing Park 6.30pm Tuesday May 24, Thursday June 2, 9, 16
The exercise sessions will be guided by qualified instructors to help encourage people to be active in outdoor recreation spaces.
Book a session
Free fitness programs to download
To help you be active in our outdoor spaces, Healthy Heart of Victoria has developed some free fitness program resources for all levels and abilities.
Programs have been created for:
- Kangaroo Flat outdoor fitness zone
- Long Gully fitness zone
- And any outdoor space!
Feel free to download the program appropriate for you and get active!
Some information and tips
- Talk to your GP if you haven't exercised in the past six months, or have any health conditions or injuries, as you might need an individualised program.
- Try each exercise slowly and carefully when you try the exercises for the first time. Do not continue to do any exercise that does not feel right to you.
- Stop immediately if you feel any dizziness, nausea or pain. If you do not feel better within a couple of minutes, consult a medical professional.
- It is best to avoid exercise in extreme weather conditions and UV levels.
- Remember to bring a water bottle when you're exercising.