Domestic assistance supports a safe and hygienic home environment by completing domestic tasks that the client is unable to manage independently. Domestic assistance is available Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
According to a needs assessment, tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Vacuum cleaning
- Sweeping and washing floors
- Cleaning bathrooms and toilets
- Washing and essential ironing
- Wiping over benches, cupboard fronts, fridges or stoves
- Changing bed linen
Fees and charges
- Low fee: $9.20 per hour
- Medium fee: $22.95 per hour
- High fee: $49.30 per hour
Fees are determined according to the income of the individual client or the client's household.
To access any aged care services please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 (Translating and Interpreting Service 131 450, National Relay Service 133 677), or visit their website at www.myagedcare.gov.au