Intercultural Ambassador Program
The City of Greater Bendigo’s new Intercultural Ambassador Program is a voluntary leadership opportunity for multicultural or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community members from across Greater Bendigo to share their culture, connect with others, and enhance understanding and cultural diversity.
This new program is based on the City of Ballarat’s long running and successful Multicultural Ambassador Program, which has seen over 40 Ambassadors act as champions for intercultural relations within the Ballarat community.
- Are you from a multicultural or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background?
- Do you want to make a positive contribution and share your culture with our community?
- Are you passionate about human rights, social cohesion, inclusion and diversity?
- Would you like to be trained in leadership, and build an understanding of local government while developing strong community networks?
- Are you over 18 and do you currently live, study or work in Greater Bendigo?
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest are now open and must be received by close of business, 5pm on Monday June 10, 2019. Please complete the online form below to submit an Expression of Interest.
If you would like more information please contact Julie Andrews, Intercultural Ambassadors Program Officer, by emailing [email protected] or calling 03 5434 6000.
This is an electronic application process. You will need to have a brief resume (1-2 pages) as a word or PDF document ready to upload during this application process.
You will also need the names and contact details of two references who we can contact. This contact could be someone you know from your community, a colleague, or a workplace supervisor.
The application will be forwarded to the relevant officer for consideration and possible short listing after the closing date.
Short listing for interview is based on an assessment of applications against the role description. If you are short listed, you will be contacted by phone regarding a suitable time for an interview. Shortlisting may take 2 – 4 weeks after the closing date, depending on the number of applicants.
If you are not short listed for the initial interviews, you will be notified via email as soon as possible.