The Greater Bendigo Rural Communities Committee provides strategic advice to Council through:
- Identifying key issues and opportunities relevant to rural community wellbeing, vibrancy and resilience and developing and implementing collaborative, coordinated responses
- Supporting the gathering and consideration of diverse rural community perspectives in local community and Council decision making
- Supporting the planning, delivery and evaluation of targeted initiatives aimed at strengthening rural community capabilities and capacities
- Sdentifying potential opportunities and rationale for the modification of Council processes with the intent of improving community and organisational outcomes
The Committee is made up of:
- Three Councillors (the Chairperson)
- Up to nine community representatives who have a passion for and commitment to rural community leadership and advancement, plus appropriate knowledge, skills and experience
- A City of Greater Bendigo Health and Wellbeing Director and / or Manager
- Relevant City of Greater Bendigo Community Partnerships unit staff
The Committee meets four times a year and community representative membership is for two years.
Expressions of interest are now open
Are you passionate about rural community leadership and advancement?
The Rural Communities Committee is now seeking new members.
There are nine positions currently open.
Applicants will be assessed by a Selection Panel and all submitters will be notified of their application outcome. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to participate in an interview.
Applications for membership close 5pm Wednesday June 5, 2019.
For more information about the Rural Communities Committee please contact us on 03 5434 6000.