The Greater Bendigo Rural Communities Committee provides strategic advice to Council through:
- Identifying key issues and opportunities relevant to rural community wellbeing, vibrancy and resilience and developing and implementing collaborative, coordinated responses
- Supporting the gathering and consideration of diverse rural community perspectives in local community and Council decision making
- Supporting the planning, delivery and evaluation of targeted initiatives aimed at strengthening rural community capabilities and capacities
- Sdentifying potential opportunities and rationale for the modification of Council processes with the intent of improving community and organisational outcomes
The Committee is made up of:
- Three Councillors (the Chairperson)
- Up to nine community representatives who have a passion for and commitment to rural community leadership and advancement, plus appropriate knowledge, skills and experience
- A City of Greater Bendigo Health and Wellbeing Director and / or Manager
- Relevant City of Greater Bendigo Community Partnerships unit staff
The Committee meets four times a year and community representative membership is for two years.
For more information about the Rural Communities Committee please contact us on 03 5434 6000.