The Greater Bendigo Rural Communities Committee
The Committee provides strategic advice to Council through:
- Identifying key issues and opportunities relevant to rural community wellbeing, vibrancy and resilience and developing and implementing collaborative, coordinated responses
- Supporting the gathering and consideration of diverse rural community perspectives in local community and Council decision making
- Supporting the planning, delivery and evaluation of targeted initiatives aimed at strengthening rural community capabilities and capacities
- Identifying potential opportunities and rationale for the modification of Council processes with the intent of improving community and organisational outcomes
The Committee is made up of:
- Three Councillors (the Chairperson)
- Up to nine community representatives who have a passion for and commitment to rural community leadership and advancement, plus appropriate knowledge, skills and experience
- A City of Greater Bendigo Health and Wellbeing Director and/or Manager
- Relevant City of Greater Bendigo Community Partnerships unit staff
The Committee meets four times a year and community representative membership is for two years.
City of Greater Bendigo Mental Health Promotion Plan
Dry seasonal conditions in previous years have had a significant impact on the health and well-being of our rural communities.
To support these communities, the Department of Health and Human Services has provided funding to the City of Greater Bendigo to develop a Mental Health Promotion Plan (MHPP).
This plan has a range of initiatives aimed at raising community awareness of mental health issues and services and developing resilience. Read the Supporting Mental Health in Greater Bendigo information sheet..