Keys and accessing a Council property
Access and keys to City buildings and reserves is given to members of the public, contractors and staff who:
- Have hired a city or community venue that is under our key system
- Require keys to the venue they manage on the City's behalf
- Have been contracted to conduct works at a city site
- Require keys to perform their duties
- Each individual applicant will need to pick up their own key personally
- Photo ID will need to be shown to counter staff when picking up the key
Requesting and collecting a key
To request a key, complete a request form (below). We require a minimum of four (4) working days notice.
Please note, prior to submitting the below form, you are required to obtain permission from relevant Council staff members by calling 5434 6000.
You will be advised when the key(s) are ready for collection. When you collect your key(s) you will be required to leave a $20 deposit for each key, which is refunded when the key is returned. The deposit can be paid in cash, cheque or card.
Keys are available for collection from the reception desk at our Hopetoun Mill offices, 15 Hopetoun Street, Bendigo. When collecting the key please ensure that you are aware of the 4-digit reference number given to you by council staff when your key request is approved. Keys are to be returned as agreed to the reception desk at our Hopetoun Mill offices.