Keys and accessing a Council property
Who can get access and keys
Access and keys to City buildings and reserves are given to members of the public, contractors and staff who:
- Have hired a city or community venue that is under our key system **
- Require keys to the venue they manage on the City's behalf
- Have been contracted to conduct works at a city site
- Require keys to perform their duties
- Each individual applicant will need to pick up their own key personally
- Photo ID will need to be shown when picking up the key
Where a City or community venue has been hired through the managing Committee:
- Arrangements to collect and return keys and general access instructions will be provided direct to the hirer by the managing Committee contact.
- Request of keys and their return to the City via the processes outlined below on this web page are NOT required.
Terms and conditions
Requesting and collecting a key
To request a key:
Complete the below request form.
We require a minimum of four (4) working days notice. If you require any further assistance please call 1300 002 642.
What happens after the request:
- You will be advised when and where the key(s) can be collected
- When you collect your key(s) you may be required to leave a $20 deposit for each key (refundable on return)
- You will be notified if a deposit is applicable when you're advised key(s) are ready for collection
Responsibilities of the Key Holder:
- Keys issued will only be used by those authorised the City of Greater Bendigo
- Keys are not to be shared or distributed
- Keys are to be kept in a secure location when not in use
- Facilities are to be secured at all times when unattended
- Lost or stolen keys are to be reported to City of Greater Bendigo within 24 hours
When returning keys, please complete the online Key Return Form
Keys can be returned via post directly to the City.
When posting the key back to the City of Greater Bendigo, please ensure that the key is placed in a parcel box or padded envelope, with the correct mailing address below.
Property Services, City of Greater Bendigo
C/O Bendigo Centre Loading Dock
22-44 Bath Lane
Bendigo VIC 3550
Alternatively, keys can be returned in person at the City's Hopetoun Mill offices, 15 Hopetoun Street Bendigo by placing the key/s in the secure box located in the Customer Service Centre.
Request for a key
For more information about accessing a Council property contact us on 1300 002 642 or [email protected]