Sustainability and Environment Advisory Committee (SEAC)
Sustainability and Environment Advisory Committee
The Greater Bendigo Sustainability and Environment Advisory Committee provides strategic advice to Council about environmental sustainability matters by:
- Providing advice to Council on the development and implementation of relevant Council policies, strategies and action plans;
- Providing advice to Council on relevant current and emerging issues and providing guidance on research and investigation needs;
- Participating in relevant community forums and events for the purpose of informing and seeking feedback from the community on issues relevant to environmental sustainability;
- Promoting community participation in environmental issues through awareness raising, education, engagement and mentoring.
The Committee is made up of:
- Three Councillors (the Chairperson)
- Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning representative
- North Central Catchment Management Authority representative
- Registered Aboriginal Party/ies representatives
- City of Greater Bendigo, Strategy and Growth Director or Manager
- relevant City of Greater Bendigo environment / sustainability officers; and
- community representatives (up to 9), who have expertise, skills, qualifications, experience and passion for environmental sustainability.
The Committee meets 6 times a year and the membership is for 4 years.
Download the Draft SEAC Terms of Reference.