Caravan park businesses
All caravan parks must be registered with the City of Greater Bendigo.
We protect the health and safety of users of caravan parks by inspecting and registering businesses according to the Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Movable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2010.
The Regulations set standards for:
- The construction of park cabins
- Fire prevention and safety, requiring caravan park owners to have up-to-date fire safety measures
- Emergency management planning requirements in case of emergencies such as bushfires, floods and severe storms
- Construction of movable dwellings including minimum energy efficiency requirements and referencing the Building Code of Australia for the relevant technical specifications for unregistrable movable dwelling
- Registering and inspecting caravan parks every three years
The regulations do not apply to the manufacture of caravans or campervans that, as road vehicles, have separate standards.
Registering a caravan park
Owners of a caravan park are required to register their business with the City of Greater Bendigo.
To register your caravan park you need to provide the following:
- Complete the Registration/renewal of registration of a caravan park application form and submit with the fee
- Supply a plan of the caravan park clearly indicating the location and number of all buildings and facilities and all long term sites and short term sites
- Include a recent Fire Authority Report
- Supply the Emergency Management Plan
We will assess your plans to ensure they meet the requirements of the Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Movable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2010.
If any construction works are to be undertaken, when completed you will need to contact us to arrange a final inspection. If all works comply with the Regulations, your Park will receive a Certificate of Registration.
Your application will take a minimum of 15 days to process. When you receive a Certificate of Registration, your business may commence trading.
Transferring ownership of a caravan park
If you are selling your caravan park you must transfer your registration into the new owner’s name. To transfer your registration, your business must pass an inspection. We will then issue a certificate of transfer.
To transfer ownership of a caravan park:
- Complete the Notice of transfer of ownership of a caravan park and consent to release information
- Pay a transfer fee (contact the below phone number for current fee).
Applications take a minimum of 15 business days to process.
For more information about environmental health please contact our office on 03 5434 6000 or [email protected]