Caravan park businesses

Caravan Park with blue sky

All caravan parks must be registered with the City of Greater Bendigo.

We protect the health and safety of users of caravan parks by inspecting and registering businesses according to the Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Movable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2010.

The Regulations set standards for:

  • The construction of park cabins
  • Fire prevention and safety, requiring caravan park owners to have up-to-date fire safety measures
  • Emergency management planning requirements in case of emergencies such as bushfires, floods and severe storms
  • Construction of movable dwellings including minimum energy efficiency requirements and referencing the Building Code of Australia for the relevant technical specifications for unregistrable movable dwelling
  • Registering and inspecting caravan parks every three years

The regulations do not apply to the manufacture of caravans or campervans that, as road vehicles, have separate standards.

Registering a caravan park

Owners of a caravan park are required to register their business with the City of Greater Bendigo. 

To register your caravan park you need to provide the following:

We will assess your plans to ensure they meet the requirements of the Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Movable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2010.

If any construction works are to be undertaken, when completed you will need to contact us to arrange a final inspection.  If all works comply with the Regulations, your Park will receive a Certificate of Registration.

Your application will take a minimum of 15 days to process.  When you receive a Certificate of Registration, your business may commence trading.

Transferring ownership of a caravan park

If you are selling your caravan park you must transfer your registration into the new owner’s name. To transfer your registration, your business must pass an inspection. We will then issue a certificate of transfer.

To transfer ownership of a caravan park:

Applications take a minimum of 15 business days to process.

Contact us

For more information about environmental health please contact our office on 03 5434 6000 or [email protected]

Looking for more business support?

Contact our Business Help Desk for a one on one meeting on 03 5434 6000 or email [email protected]

Interested in promoting your tourism business?

The City and Bendigo Tourism work together to provide new ways for your business to access new markets. Read more about joining Bendigo Tourism.

We welcome your feedback.

Did you know you can log requests online?

This includes several bin requests such as missed bins, footpath maintenance, tree inspections and general requests. Visit our make a request page.

Do you want us to contact you?*
Preferred contact method*