All food businesses and organisations that provide food to the public must ensure that the food they sell is safe.
We regulate businesses and organisations that operate within the City of Greater Bendigo monitoring their compliance with the relevant requirements by:
- Inspecting and registering food businesses
- Collecting samples of food for analysis
- Investigating complaints and incidents of illness associated with food
- Providing education and advice
All businesses that sell food and drinks to the public in Greater Bendigo must register with our Environmental Health Unit and meet the requirements of the Food Act standards before commencing trade. Should the business be sold to a new owner, the registration can be transferred.
Please note: New fees effective as of the 1st July each year
- Thermometers in your business
- Guidelines for installation and maintenance of mechanical ventilation hoods
- Cleaning and sanitising
- Local sporting clubs that sell food
- Home based food business
Food and Tobacco News
Food Act registration certificates
If you have a registered food business and need a copy of your current Food Act registration certificate you may request one by:
- Completing the Request for a copy of certificate for a food business or complete our online form.
- Payment of the appropriate fee
Once our office has received both application form and payment, a copy of your certificate will be issued. This may take up to 5 days to process.
For more information about environmental health services please contact our office on 03 5434 6333 or [email protected]
Looking for more business support?
How was your customer service experience today? Leave feedback to allow us to improve our services.