All food businesses and organisations that provide food to the public must ensure that the food they sell is safe.

We regulate businesses and organisations that operate within the City of Greater Bendigo monitoring their compliance with the relevant requirements by:

  • Inspecting and registering food businesses
  • Collecting samples of food for analysis
  • Investigating complaints and incidents of illness associated with food
  • Providing education and advice

All businesses that sell food and drinks to the public in Greater Bendigo must register with our Environmental Health Unit and meet the requirements of the Food Act standards before commencing trade. Should the business be sold to a new owner, the registration can be transferred.

Please note: New fees effective as July 1 each year.

Fact sheets

Food and Tobacco News

Edition 1

Food Act registration certificates

If you have a registered food business and need a copy of your current Food Act registration certificate you may request one by:

  • Completing our online form.
  • Payment of the appropriate fee

Once our office has received both application form and payment, a copy of your certificate will be issued. This may take up to 5 days to process.

Contact us

For more information about environmental health services please contact our office on 1300 002 642 or [email protected]

Looking for more business support?

Contact our Business Help Desk for a one on one meeting on 1300 002 642 or email [email protected]


We welcome your feedback.

Did you know you can log requests online?

This includes several bin requests such as missed bins, footpath maintenance, tree inspections and general requests. Visit our make a request page.

Do you want us to contact you?*
Preferred contact method*