Transfer a food business registration

Food safety person with clipboard

Transfer ownership of a food business

To transfer an existing registered food business into your name, complete theapplication to transfer a fixed location food business and return it to the City of Greater Bendigo with the required fee. 

Once we receive your application and payment, we will make contact to arrange a time to inspect the premises to determine its compliance with the Food Act 1984 and Food Standards Code. You will receive an inspection report listing anything that needs to be addressed, and a copy will also be sent to the current owners. 

The responsibility for outstanding works listed in a report is a matter for the current proprietor and new proprietor to negotiate during the settlement process. 

A follow up inspection will be arranged to ensure all items listed in the transfer report have been addressed. 

A Certificate of Transfer of Registration will only be issued when an application form has been lodged and the fee paid, the premises inspected, anything listed on the inspection report addressed and proof of settlement in writing has been received.  

It may take up to15 working daysfor the transfer inspection and report to be completed, so ensure you leave enough time prior to settlement for this to be completed. 

Notify us if the food business is a class 4 food premises

Class 4 food premises must notify the City of Greater Bendigo of changes to the operation, location or business owners. 

To notify the City of Greater Bendigo complete an application of notification of a Class 4 fixed food business.

Contact us

For more information about Environmental Health please contact our office on 03 5434 6000 or [email protected]

More information

Looking for more business support?

Contact our Business Help Desk for a one on one meeting on 03 5434 6000 or email [email protected]

We welcome your feedback.

Did you know you can log requests online?

This includes several bin requests such as missed bins, footpath maintenance, tree inspections and general requests. Visit our make a request page.

Do you want us to contact you?*
Preferred contact method*