General Waste, Recycling and Organics
The City of Greater Bendigo is working hard to reduce waste. We are doing this by making it easier for you to recycle, prevent organic and green waste going into the bin, and diverting e-waste, hard rubbish and chemicals from the landfill.
Our new organics service aims to divert organic waste from our local landfill sites to reduce the associated costs, avoid the production of methane gases and odours, and produce compost.
The Resource Recovery & Education Code of Practice as referred to in Community Local Law 2.1 requires that residents use the council-provided bins for collection correctly. This includes separating recycling and omitting hazardous waste (syringes, hot ash, liquid waste etc.), or leaving bins in the street other than on collection day. Bins in commercial zones must not be outside the property boundary between 10.00am and 5.30pm on any day.
Loddon Mallee Waste Info App
The Loddon Mallee Waste Info App has been developed to help residents make quick and simple waste and recycling decisions with the aim to reduce contamination and increase recycling levels.
Features of the Waste Info App include:
- Personalised bin collection calendar for residents, with optional reminders
- A-Z list of materials and images showing which bin to put materials in
- Further information, hints and tips to help with waste management
- Information about Council’s waste and recycling services and facilities, including contact details, opening times and maps
- ‘Report a problem’ form allowing residents to send feedback direct to Council
- Push notifications letting residents know changes to collection dates, events and programs
Download the App and select City of Greater Bendigo:
A-Z Guide for Waste
Download an A-Z guide for Waste Disposal.
Download a guide to the three bin organics, recycling and waste system, including what can and can’t go in each bin.