Bins and collection
We provide residents with bins and regular collection services:
- General waste – weekly collection
- Recycling – fortnightly collection
- Organics – fortnightly collection
Your general waste, recycling and organics will be collected on all public holidays except Good Friday and Christmas Day. This Good Friday April 19, 2019, collection will occur on Saturday April 20, 2019. Please ensure you place your bins to the kerb Good Friday evening.
How do I know when my bins are collected?
Check online: Open the following link and search for your address - Waste Collection Services. Your collection details will be shown in the information panel, including which collection calendar you are on (A or B).
Download a calendar: Download a collection calendar for 2018-2019, which will show organics and recycling alternating collections. If you don't know which collection calendar you are on (A or B), you can check online as above.
Putting out your bin
To ensure your bin is emptied on collection day:
- Place bins out by 6am in the morning
- Place the bin near the kerb with the handle facing your house
- Keep at least 50cm of space around bins
- Close the lid - as our trucks are side loading, this prevents contents falling out
- Ensure the weight of your bin is not exceeding of 60 kilos
In residential areas your bin should not be on the kerb, except for the 24 hours either side of your collection day.
Mobile bins are our property. Please do not take bins with you if you move.
Downsize your household bin and save money
You can downsize your general waste bin to a smaller bin.
A smaller bin will:
- Save you up to $116 on your rates (on a pro rata basis)
- Be easier for you to move
Renters should contact the property owner or real estate agent to discuss changes to waste collection services.
Order a bin for a new residence
Bin sizes available;
General Waste - 140litre
Recycling - 140litre, 240litre and 360litre
Organics - 140litre and 240litre
To organise a bin for a new dwelling:
- Order a general waste/recycling/organics bin using our online form, or
- Contact our Customer Service Centre on 03 5434 6000 or [email protected]. We will ask for your name, property address, certificate of occupancy permit number and date of issue
Please allow 1-5 working days for delivery of the bins.
Reporting a damaged or stolen bin
We will repair parts or, if required, replace your damaged bin free of charge.
If your bin is stolen, we will replace it.
To arrange a replacement:
- Contact Customer Support on 03 5434 6000
- Report a missing or stolen general waste/recycling/organics bin using our online form
Resource Recovery & Education Code of Practice
The Resource Recovery & Education Code of Practice as referred to in Community Local Law 2.1 requires that residents use the council-provided bins for collection correctly. This includes separating recycling and omitting hazardous waste (syringes, hot ash, liquid waste etc.), or leaving bins in the street other than on collection day. Bins in commercial zones must not be outside the property boundary between 10.00am & 5.30pm on any day.
For more information about our waste collection services please contact us on 03 5434 6000.
Did you have an enjoyable experience today? Click on the ‘Provide Customer Feedback’ link on the bottom of the page to give feedback.
A-Z Guide for Waste
Download an A-Z guide for Waste Disposal.