Bins and collection
We provide residents with bins and regular collection services:
- General Waste – weekly collection
- Recycling – fortnightly collection
- Organics – fortnightly collection
Your general waste, recycling and organics will be collected on all public holidays except Good Friday and Christmas Day.
Residents who are due for a general waste, recycling or organics collection on Christmas Day (Tuesday December 25, 2018) should put their bins out by 6am on Boxing Day (Wednesday December 26, 2018) and they will be collected during the following three days.
How do I know when my bins are collected?
Step 1: Open the following link and search address - Waste Collection Services
Step 2: Choose ‘Garbage/Recycling/Organics Collection’ in the left hand side banner
Step 3: Identify if your property is listed as Calendar A or B
Putting out your bin
To ensure your bin is emptied on collection day:
- Place bins out by 6am in the morning
- Place the bin near the kerb with the handle facing your house
- Keep at least 50cm of space around bins
- Close the lid - as our trucks are side loading, this prevents contents falling out
- Ensure the weight of your bin is not exceeding of 60kilos
In residential areas your bin should not be on the kerb, except for the 24 hours either side of your collection day.
Mobile bins are our property. Please do not take bins with you if you move.
Downsize your household bin and save money
You can downsize your general waste bin to a smaller bin.
A smaller bin will:
- Save you up to $116 on your rates (on a pro rata basis)
- Be easier for you to move
To upsize or downsize your bin:
- Upsize or downsize your bin using our online form or
- Download and complete the request a larger/smaller bin size form
Renters should contact the property owner or real estate agent to discuss changes to waste collection services.
Order a bin for a new residence
Bin sizes available;
General Waste - 140litre
Recycling - 140litre, 240litre and 360litre
Organics - 140litre and 240litre
To organise a bin for a new dwelling:
- Order a general waste/recycling/organics bin using our online form, or
- Contact our Customer Service Centre on 03 5434 6000 or [email protected]. We will ask for your name, property address, certificate of occupancy permit number and date of issue
Please allow 1-5 working days for delivery of the bins.
Reporting a damaged or stolen bin
We will repair parts or, if required, replace your damaged bin free of charge.
If your bin is stolen, we will replace it.
To arrange a replacement:
- Contact Customer Support on 03 5434 6000 and ask for a paper form to be mailed to you, or
- Report a missing or stolen general waste/recycling/organics bin using our online form
- Download and complete the request a replacement bin form
For more information about our waste collection services please contact us on 03 5434 6000.
Did you have an enjoyable experience today? Click on the ‘Provide Customer Feedback’ link on the bottom of the page to give feedback.
A-Z Guide for Waste
Download an A-Z guide for Waste Disposal.