The City of Greater Bendigo encourages all members of the community to dispose of their waste correctly and to only send waste to landfill that cannot be recycled or recovered in any other way.
Eaglehawk Landfill is nearing its end of life. To assist with extending the life of our landfill, as well as a positive effect on the environment, sending waste to landfill should be the last option for disposal. It will reduce the current and future financial liabilities that must be paid to the State Government in the form of a levy on every tonne of waste that we put into our landfill.
Where possible, REDUCE your waste, RECYCLE and REUSE.
Opening hours: 8am - 4pm weekdays; 8am–4.30pm weekends (except Christmas Day and Good Friday). The Eaglehawk Landfill is closed on code red and extreme weather days.
Landfill: 03 5446 3917
Fees and charges
- Garbage bag: $180 per tonne
- Car-load: $180 per tonne
- Trailer-load, ute-load, van-load: $180 per tonne
- Separated waste: $133 per tonne
- Tandem: $180 per tonne
- Domestic concrete: $70 per tonne
- Domestic asbestos: $245 per tonne
- Domestic Car-load: Free
- Domestic Trailer-load, ute-load, van-load: Free
- Domestic Green truck, tandem: Free
- Green commercial: $74 per tonne
- Car: $7 per tyre
- Car with rim: $13 per tyre
- Motorcycle: $7 per tyre
- Light Truck: $11 per tyre
- Light Truck (with Rim): $12.50 per tyre
- Heavy Truck: $13 per tyre
- Heavy Truck (with Rim): $22.50 per tyre
- Super Single (with or without Rim): POA
- Bob Cat Tyre: $11.50 per tyre
- Forklift (small): $12.50 per tyre
- Forklift Tyre (medium): $17.50 per tyre
- Forklift Tyre (large): $22.50 per tyre
- Forklift over 36" Tyre: POA
- Tractor Tyre (small): $67.50 per tyre
- Tractor Tyre (medium): $112.20 per tyre
- Tractor Tyre (large): $168.50
- Fridges, freezers, air conditioners: $17 each
- Mattresses: $31 each
- Paint: Free through "Paintback" drop off
Prescribed Industrial Waste
The Eaglehawk Landfill is currently licensed to accept Category C soil and domestic asbestos, and there are strict guidelines around the disposal of both.
Category C material is required to be booked in for disposal 48 hours prior. Material which has not been booked in appropriately or arrives without the required documentation will not be allowed to be disposed of onsite. All Category C material must be transported in a licensed vehicle accompanied by a waste transport certificate.
- Industrial/commercial: $192 per tonne
- Building rubble: $192 per tonne
- Clean concrete: $55 per tonne
- Asbestos: $245 per tonne
- Category C contaminated soil: $235 per tonne
- Immediate Deep Burial of Prohibited or Dangerous Items: $104.50
191-193 Upper California Gully Road (known as Upper Road), near Victoria Street, Eaglehawk.
- Daily (except Christmas Day and Good Friday) from 8am–4pm Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm Saturday-Sunday
- The Eco-Centre is closed on code red and extreme weather days.
For more information about our waste collection and disposal services please contact us on 03 5434 6000.
A-Z Guide for Waste
Download an A-Z guide for Waste Disposal.