Goornong, Heathcote and Strathfieldsaye Transfer Stations
About our transfer stations
The City of Greater Bendigo's transfer stations are sites for the sorting and temporary collection of waste and resources. There are currently three supervised transfer station sites located at Goornong, Heathcote and Strathfieldsaye.
The City encourages residents to reuse and recycle wherever possible. The Heathcote and Strathfieldsaye transfer stations are linked with resale shops where usable items (which would have otherwise gone to landfill) are sold. While dropping off your preloved goods, why not take a look around the resale shop to pick a second-hand bargains such as household goods, toys, bikes, books and much more.
You will pay a fee to dispose of your waste. Most recyclables are accepted free of charge. Please note: we no longer accept cash - EFTPOS is available at all sites.
Opening hours and contact details
Goornong Transfer Station
Location: 55-59 English's Road, Goornong
Opening hours: Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, 8am–4:30pm. Closed on code red days.
Phone: 0437 700 852
Heathcote Transfer Station
Location: 61 Golden Gully Road, Heathcote
Opening hours: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, 8am–4:30pm. Closed on code red and extreme weather days.
Phone: 03 5433 2849
Strathfieldsaye Transfer Station
Location: 998 Wellington Street, Strathfieldsaye
Opening hours: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, 8am–4:30pm. Closed on code red days.
Phone: 0436 802 419
Fees and charges
- Garbage bag (<70 litres): $4.50
- Wheelie bin: $11.50
- Car-load: $18 per load
- Car-load unsorted: $38.50 per load
- Trailer-load, ute-load, 6x4: $38.50 per load
- Trailer-load, ute-load, 6x4 (unsorted load): $76.50 per load
- Trailer with cage 6x4: $69.50 per load
- Trailer with cage 6x4 (unsorted load): $138 per load
- Trailer, tandem 8x5: $80.50 per load
- Trailer, tandem 8x5 (unsorted load): $160.50 per load
- Tandem trailer with cage 8x5: $160.50 per load
- Tandem trailer with cage 8x5 (unsorted load): $322 per load
Green waste is only accepted at Goornong and Heathcote Transfer Stations
- Domestic car-load: Free
- Domestic trailer-load, ute-load, van-load: Free
- Domestic trailer, tandem: Free
- Commercial business: $19.50 per cubic metre
Please note: All green waste must be Clean Green Waste. If it is contaminated with soil, weed matting or rubbish - it will be charged as waste. Free domestic green waste is limited to a single 6 x 4 caged trailer or equivalent quantities in larger domestic trailers. If volumes of green waste are excessive, it is of the discretion of the weighbridge operator and Landfill Supervisor to charge for the load at the commercial green waste rate. Tree stumps also are not accepted under the free green waste exemption. The City has had to put these measures in place due to the recent levy rise to $105.90 plus the processing costs to mulch the material.
Tyres are only accepted at Heathcote Transfer Station.
- Car: $8 per tyre
- Car tyre (with rim): $14 per tyre
- Motorcycle: $8 per tyre
- Light truck: $12 per tyre
- Light truck (with Rim): $14 per tyre
- Heavy truck: $14 per tyre
- Heavy truck (with Rim): $24 per tyre
- Super tingle (with or without rim): POA per tyre
- Bob cat: $13 per tyre
- Forklift (small): $14 per tyre
- Forklift (medium): $19 per tyre
- Forklift (large): $24 per tyre
- Forklift over 36": POA per tyre
- Tractor (small): $70 per tyre
- Tractor (medium): $114 per tyre
- Tractor (large): $172 per tyre
- Other: price on application
- (Including commercial cardboard) $51 per cubic metre. (Goornong and Strathfieldsaye only)
- Unsorted load: $102.50 per cubic metre
- E-Waste: Free
- Fridges, freezers, air conditioners: Free (at Heathcote and Strathfieldsaye, no white goods are accepted at Goornong)
- Mattresses: $38 each
- Gas bottles (<9kg): $12 each
- Oil - volumes <20L: $4
- Paint - Free (at Heathcote and Strathfieldsaye) through 'Paintback' drop off
- Solar Panels are not accepted at any of our Transfer Stations, they are a form of specialised E-waste. Eaglehawk Recycle Shop will accept non-operational panels. You will need to call prior to dropping off.