Help us to reduce waste going into our landfill by sorting waste into the right bins.
Your household recycling bin has a yellow or blue lid that is collected fortnightly.
How do I know when my bins are collected?
Check online: Open the following link and search for your address - Waste Collection Services. Your collection details will be shown in the information panel, including which collection calendar you are on (A or B).
Download a calendar: Download a collection calendar for 2018-2019, which will show organics and recycling alternating collections. If you don't know which collection calendar you are on (A or B), you can check online as above.
In addition you can download the FREE Loddon Mallee Waste Info App through the App Store or Google Play with the search: Loddon Mallee.
Increasing the size of your recycling bin
If you run out of space in your recycling bin each fortnight you could request a larger 360Lt bin.
What to put in your recycling bin
YES you can recycle the following:
- Plastic bottles and lids
- Plastic takeaway containers and lids
- Plastic jars, bottles and tubs (margarine, peanut butter, sauce bottles etc)
- Plastic shampoo and condition bottles and other cosmetic bottles and tubs (moisturiser, hair product etc)
- Plastic cleaning product bottles including lids (including spray bottles)
- Plastic meat and biscuit trays (not the wrapping around the product)
- Plastic berry and tomato punnets
- Plastic milk bottles
- Plastic plant pots
- Plastic cups
- Glass jars including lids
- Glass bottles including lids
- Milk, juice and long life product cartons
- Egg cartons
- Ice cream cartons (Ben and Jerry’s, Connoisseur etc)
- Paper, cardboard and cardboard boxes of all kinds
- Junk mail
- Phone books
- Toilet rolls, paper towel rolls
- Paper cups (not disposable coffee cups)
- Aluminium cans
- Aluminium foil (clean and balled up to the size of your fist)
- Aluminium baking trays (all sizes and clean)
- Tin cans
- Aerosol cans
NO you can't recycle the following:
- Household waste
- Plastic bags
- Broken household crockery and glassware
- Food and garden waste
- Textiles and clothing
- Disposable coffee cups
Stick it on the fridge – download our handy guide to recycling.
Public place recycling
We have placed recycling bins throughout the Bendigo region – in parks, gardens, sporting grounds and public places. These bins will take everything that you recycle at home! Please see the above list for what can be recycled.
For more information about our waste collection services please contact us on 03 5434 6000.
A-Z Guide for Waste
Download an A-Z guide for Waste Disposal.
Download a guide to the three bin organics, recycling and waste system, including what can and can’t go in each bin.