Heritage Advisory Committee
The Greater Bendigo Heritage Advisory Committee provides strategic advice to Council about our built, Aboriginal and natural heritage by:
- Providing advice into Council’s strategic planning processes to ensure that heritage matters are given due consideration
- Providing advice to the Council on the identification, management and conservation, restoration and promotion of places of heritage significance in the municipality; and
- Promoting community participation in heritage issues through awareness raising, education, engagement and mentoring.
The Committee is made up of a:
- Councillor (the Chairperson)
- Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning representative
- Heritage Victoria representative
- Registered Aboriginal Party/ies representatives
- City of Greater Bendigo, Strategy and Growth Director or Manager
- relevant City of Greater Bendigo heritage officers; and
- community representatives (up to 9), who have expertise, skills, qualifications, experience and passion for Greater Bendigo's heritage.
The Committee meets 6 times a year and the membership is for 4 years.
For more information about heritage matters, please contact us on 03 5434 6000.