Heritage Advisory Committee
The Greater Bendigo Heritage Advisory Committee provides strategic advice to Council about our built, Aboriginal and natural heritage by:
- Providing advice into Council’s strategic planning processes to ensure that heritage matters are given due consideration
- Providing advice to the Council on the identification, management and conservation, restoration and promotion of places of heritage significance in the municipality; and
- Promoting community participation in heritage issues through awareness raising, education, engagement and mentoring.
- Providing advice to Council on current and emerging issues and opportunities in heritage that Council can advocate for on a local, State and National level.
- Assisting in the development of partnerships and communication networks to ensure effective dissemination of information and coordinated advice and feedback to Council.
The Committee is comprised of both elected members of Council and members of the Greater Bendigo community:
- Councillor (the Chairperson)
- Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning representative
- Heritage Victoria representative
- Registered Aboriginal Party/ies representatives
- City of Greater Bendigo, Strategy and Growth Director or Manager
- Relevant City of Greater Bendigo heritage officers; and
- Community representatives (up to 10), who have expertise, skills, qualifications, experience and passion for Greater Bendigo's heritage.
The Committee meets 6 times a year and the membership is for 4 years.
Expressions of interest are open
Expressions of Interest are now open for the appointment of a new Heritage Advisory Committee.
- Please register your interest by completing the application form.
Applications close Friday, October 15, 2021. Applicants who are successful will be shortlisted and invited to participate in an interview.
For more information about heritage matters, please contact us on 03 5434 6000.